Thread: FM Radio on my Samsung galaxy tab does not work

FM Radio on my Samsung galaxy tab does not work

I have looked through the entire android market for an application for FM but i haven’t been able to find any, i have also tried the application radio on my defy but it does not run, I am wondering that if Samsung galaxy s the android phone have any radio applications enlisted. The galaxy s application is incompatible but i have looked over the net and on the box it has mentioned a BCM4329 from Broadcom it’s the onboard WLAN/Bluetooth/fm receiver. i don’t seem to find any solution for this.

Re: FM Radio on my Samsung galaxy tab does not work

I seem to have found a solution but there is a lot of pain to go through to solve this issue i have found a few website which have mentioned that there are issues going on with the BCM4329 chip and that it needed some changes to be made with some drivers but when i tried to do that it was quite a hassle and i gave up on it so i recommend that if you are ready to go through all the pain of going through the dll of the android and have the knowledge then only go for the solution. it’s given on xda developers.com you can check it out.

This is the worst case scenario Samsung has not been able to manage a solution for the component that they themselves have integrated in the Samsung galaxy tab the Broadcom BCM4329 it seems as if Samsung has missed to assign a driver for the fm aspect of this chip and now users like u and me are trying to search for a solution well i had expected much better from Samsung i like the tab but why is this issue not fixed by Samsung itself regardless of the flawless features Samsung has been able to pack in this single tab the question remains that when is Samsung finally gonna come up with a solution for this problem that they themselves are responsible for???????????????????????????
    hope to see this dealt with the next updates from Samsung for the tab..

There are many devices using the same Broadcom chip and they don’t seem to have any problem with their onboard FM this problem Only persist on the Samsung models of the android segment well this is a shame hope to see something better from the upcoming Galaxy pad 2 the i think this issue will not persist in the second model hope to see some good improvements in the next tab From Samsung