Thread: No SIM card slot on my Samsung galaxy tab

No SIM card slot on my Samsung galaxy tab

I have been searching for a way to unlock the Samsung Galaxy Tab and use it outside US (in Africa)I have bought it from the Sprint’s Version on eBay and then I am looking for an application that is FastGSM.com. This page explains whatever I need to unlock and use it over gsm, but evidently noticed something what I didn't had realized.Initially.... that the Galaxy Tab from sprint has no such thing as a SIM card slot at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!After realizing that this solution is not the best idea to come up with at all because I just cannot install the software or Change the SIM.I have read up a lot over and found out that the device is SIM-less because it uses CDMA connectivity. It’s something i want to do, Is there any way that i could be able to use this unlocked tablet with a local (MX) carrier?
    Thank you

Re: No SIM card slot on my Samsung galaxy tab

Other than US with the tab you can only access WiFi. You cannot do anything to use your cell connectivity in Africa, or any other place in the world for that matter, with of course the exception of the US. You will notice that Verizon and Sprint both of them use CDMA on the other hand Tmo, AT&T and mostly every other single carrier service providers on the globe use GSM. Both CDMA and GSM are not compatible with one another, not only for the reason that GSM technology uses SIM cards (which CDMA devices do not) but the reality is that the radio transceivers used for both of them are also not compatible and of course, the application you mention is not of any use to you, because it shows how to unlock phones on GSM, not the ones on CDMA you cannot actually unlock a phone using CDMA technology by the way, this is the reason only why they do not have SIM card slots in the first place.

i also had go through the same hassle but in the end i ended up returning the tab these devices which come on sprint can never be unlocked because they use a cdma network. a sprint locked tab can only be used through WIFI to stay connected in countries other than US . I had bought the Samsung galaxy tab and wanted to take it with me in Colombia but was not able to. The cdma devices are useless without their carriers and i will keep in mind that I do not repeat the same mistake again by buying a cdma device ever again.

hello its sad that you had to return the galaxy tabs u bought but i have a solution for all you people the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 the new galaxy tab is packaged wit a whopping Nvidia Tegra 2 1GHz micro chip it has the latest Honeycomb 3.0 the latest in Google Android family the display is 280×800-pixels in resolution and 10.1inch in size you can choose from a 16 or 32GB model the rear camera is 8mp and the front facing one is 2 mp it supports 1080 full HD videos@24fps. And the icing on the cake is that it has a SIM card slot hope you liked it.
    Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you can also go for MiFi under a carrier you can check out whether it is available in your country and get it. It is a small device which works on gsm network and has a SIM card slot. It is nothing new but the same mobile hot spot connectivity we have been hearing about from quite a while its same as mobile hot spot this device enable u to use a wifi connectivity using a gsm network, i recommend you check the Data roaming plans which as per my opinion is very expensive. You can use your galaxy tabs wifi over it.