Thread: Unable to install Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 in Samsung Galaxy S

Unable to install Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 in Samsung Galaxy S

I just purchased my Samsung Galaxy S mobile few days back. I had install Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 in my mobile and was enjoying playing it. But lately I ended up deleting the com.konami.PES2011 data folder of the Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 game unknowingly. When I tried re-downloading and reinstalling the files, it did not worked and I am unable to play the game. Now it is showing the error message “download error. The server is not available or validation of the files is not successful.” Dose anyone know why I am facing this problem? How can I solve it? Please help me.

Re: Unable to install Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 in Samsung Galaxy S

You should probably try to uninstall the entire game from your mobile and delete all the related files from your mobile and then restart it. Once you are done restarting the mobile. Download the latest available version of game and then perform installation of the Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 in your mobile. Make sure that you download the setup files and all the related files from the official site of Konami Pro Evolution Soccer rather than any other random sites. This would probably reduce the chances of getting any corrupt files from the Internet thus hampering the performance of the game.

I also faced the same problem a while back. I had researched about this problem on Internet a lot and after lots of trouble and reading different forums I was able to solve this problem. Download the “com.konami.PES2011” file from internet and keep it inside the data folder, which you will find in the “Android” folder. Once you have copied the new file in this data folder close the application and restart your Samsun Galaxy S mobile phone. You will find the game to me working back again like old days. Enjoy!!

Check If you are still having the internet correction or not. If you are having your Internet On then you must probably switch it off and disconnect your mobile from Internet. I have read a lot of review about the Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 in the Android market and must say they are not pleasing. It has showed lots of trouble with the latest available version of the game which is version 1.04. So I would recommend you to download the earlier version (1.0.1) of PES 2011. The game allows internet permissions to perform update. So instead of updating the extra 50MB through internet you should close your internet connection so that no update is performed for the game. You just have to block the internet permissions for this game.

Follow this few steps to make your Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 playable:

• Uninstall the current version of PES2011 (1.0.4) which you have got in your mobile by going to the following path: settings > Applications > Manage Applications > all.
    • Download the 1.0.1 version of the game and install it in your mobile.
    • Once you are done installing the game, run it. This will create the base folder into the android folder.
    • Remember to set your phone to airplane mode, before playing the game. This will block the wireless connections including the update of the game folder. This is the reason why noone is able to play the game with current version (1.0.4).
    • Now finally, run the game. You can turn off the airplane mode now as you have skipped the update stages. You have to repeat this process whenever you reboot to play the game.

It was very kind of every one of you guys who made an attempt solving my problem by replying to this thread. I have gone through every solution that you have suggested and they seem to be very helpful. I suppose the issue is with the 1.0.4 version of the game. Degrading to the lower version (1.0.1) eliminates all the problems. Now I am able to play the game smoothly without any problem. Also I had made a point that I always keep checking for the new update on this issue. Anyways once again thanks a lot for getting me out of this irritating problem.