Thread: PSX Emulator is not working for HTC Hero

PSX Emulator is not working for HTC Hero

It’s being about a month now that I have purchased my new HTC Hero. I am enjoying it a lot and as I am a big fan of playing games I recently installed the PSX Emulator for my HTC Hero mobile and downloaded a Rom for it. But I am unable to make it work for me. I don’t know what the matter is and how to make it work. So, does anyone know what the problem is and what I should do so that the PSX Emulator starts working in my HTC hero and that to without much trouble? Your suggestions will be appreciated, so please help me.

Re: PSX Emulator is not working for HTC Hero

This problem seems to be faced by many people now, including me and you. I was also facing it for a long time. And finally after days and weeks of research about the matter on Internet and reading many forums I came across the solution. The solution to solve the problem is probably very small. You just need to make sure that you have got installed the scph1001.bin file in your mobile before you try to load and install a ROM in your mobile. This will be located at the top of the mobile menu.

Many don’t know about this fact but a lot of ROMs are in .ecm format. You will find the ROMs mostly in this format and you need to decode it to .bin or .img files, so that you can transfer it to your mobile and make the emulator work on your mobile. You can use any un-ecm decoding software which will decode the .ecu to .bin or .img files which can be executed in your mobile without any trouble. Just make sure that you are using the .bin PS1 files for the ROMs that you have installed in your mobile.

My elder cousin was also facing this problem with his HTC Hero. And after researching about the problem on Internet and after talking to the HTC tech guy he was able to solve the problem. They have suggested that there must be some problem with the ROM and you need to download and get it installed from somewhere else. It is preferable that you get is from some genuine or official site so that you don’t end up getting some corrupt file. The files you download from some sites have weird compression and does not perform well with the emulator.

You should download psx4droid emulator for your mobile and install it in your HTC hero. It is a Sony Play Station 1 emulator which works well on high end Android phones. It supports files of BIN, ISO, IMG, PBP, Z, ZNX, and Eboot format. You just need to create an image file of your favorite game, install it in your mobile and enjoying playing it with the help of PSX4DROID emulator. Or else you can also try using the FPse for Android. It is one of the fastest and most compatible PSone (PSX or Playstation 1) emulator for handheld devices. You can easily get 60 fps on FPse as compared to the 20 FPS on PSX4Droid.

Wow!! The replies were so quick. Thank you everyone for your concern and for your kindness to drop by my thread and help me getting a proper solution for the issue. Really guys, Hats Off to you people. I was having this issue as the file I was downloading was not in the proper format, as supported by the emulator. So I just made sure that before installing any games in my phone I should convert them either to .img or .bin file and only then save it in my phone. And this worked for me. I also tried the PSX4DROID emulator as suggested by you and must say it is pretty much faster than the previous one.