Thread: Tap Chat not working

Tap Chat not working

On Mac OS X 10.6.4. System sees headset and tap, and I can hear audio in the headset. Cannot get the Audio Control Panel to even open so I cannot even use the tap. I've posted an error I get from the Audio Control Panel in both a thread here (see about 3 down) and also on the facebook page. I've also been in contact with Ryan S. via email with the error. It's been 2 weeks since I gave you all this info and haven't heard a word back on if you need more info or even if you can reproduce the error or not. Don't appreciate being left in the dark. A simple update every now and then would be nice.

Re: Tap Chat not working

I purchased the wireless headset plus the Tap Chat. The Tap Chat will not map any keys other than A-Z and 1 - 9. When I map ` (grave), which is a typical Ventrilo push to talk key, that is not used anywhere else in World of Warcraft and is a convenient key to press, Numpad 0 is posted in WoW. As amusing as this was for other players to watch me jumping up and down, it was of no practical use. I have tried again with other keys such as | \ > etc but none of them work. As most WoW players know, just about every normal key is already mapped to a function. To test this out, I opened a word processing document and tried many many different keys and key combinations. I would alter the key map in the Audio Control Panel to (say) \ (backslash) or ` (grave), but when I tap the Tap Chat device Numpad 0 would appear in the document. When I used A - Z 1 - 9, then the correct entry would be made. I am running Mac OSX 10.6.4. I have downloaded the latest Sound Blaster Audio Control Panel 1.01.00. I have a standard Mac wired keyboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same issues. System: MacPro early 2009 single 2.66 quad core, OS 10.6.4 with up to date patches. Product installed and Creative software downloaded this afternoon, Tap Chat used by itself with a different 3rd party USB headset. The tilde/grave key will not map. I am able to map 0 through 9 and A through Z. Taking a hint from the reports of Windows users unable to map to anything without an Alt-key modifier, I have found I can successfully map to Alt-P. While not ideal or easy to remember, this key combination is not anything I expect to be using anywhere else. I recommend any Mac users having trouble mapping to try an Alt-key combination for themselves. This apparently successful workaround will keep me from returning the product for now.

Hi, here is my problem with the tap chat thing. I purchased it without the headset, I followed up instructions and there is no way for opening the audio control panel, it continues saying "The audio device is not connected. The application will close". Is there any way to make it work without the headset? Well, the device (the tap chat thing) is recognized by my PC, and I am using Windows 7 x64 bits.

Tap Chat to be recognized in the Creative Audio Control Panel software.
    1. The Tap Chat should be listed in the Device Manager as a USB Composite Device. If it is not showing up, it means that your system doesn't detect the Tap Chat.
    If that's the case, try:
    Connecting the Tap Chat to a different USB port, try to use the USB ports at the back of your system.
    Disconnect other USB devices that you are not using. Connect the Tap Chat to another system to see if it's something wrong with Tap Chat itself.
    2. If the Tap Chat is detected, launch the Audio Control Panel to map the keyboard keys into the Tap Chat. Those who have purchased the WoW Headset should already have this software installed. If you don't have this software, select appropriate model and download the headset pack.