Thread: Zen v plus has locked-up

Zen v plus has locked-up

My 1G Zen vplus froze on me. I just had it for almost about 4 months now. I tried resetting the small hole. The system reboots, starts rebuilding the library but hangs after showing the LINE-IN RECORDING page. I tried connecting it to a USB port but my computer can't recognize the device. I don't know what to do. And as I see, too many people have same problem. I think it has a manufacturing defect or something like that.

Re: Zen v plus has locked-up

I searched this forum and the web for similar problems and you're right. I saw a lot of posts re lock-up or unit freezing. Am really disappointed that Creative did not design a better firmware. They turned a potentially great product to a lemon. As for me I am now trying to drain out all the juice from the battery and hope that it will work after a full charge. Other than that and PRAY, there is nothing much I could do really.

Since I bought its screen got frozen many times. And last night it happened again so I reset it. But after resetting all the songs in it was gone! But I checked the system it shows total space 926mb and free space 112mb. This means there are songs in it but I can't see and I can't listen. Also my computer doesn't see it either! I can't add tracks, I can't do anything! I will bring it to nearest customer service. Maybe they would help.

My Zen V plus 8 GB just died, it seems to be a battery related problem. It's a very poorly designed piece of hardware, but I advice you not to let the battery to drain completely: it happen to me and now I'm not able anymore to recharge it, since for even accepting the charge it needs to recognize the plug. I suggest staying away from this item; I got mine from less than a month and now is a useless piece of plastic.

I’ve had the same difficulty. I got my Zen V plus in January, and it lasted until about march when it froze and it took 5 days of resetting and re booting to get it to work again. I really think it’s the people who make these mp3 players. I am so angry and pissed at them. They should sell BETTER mp3 players that are actually READY to be sold instead of selling us un-finished products. NOW my volume button doesn’t work on my mp3 player.
    Here what i did:
    1, leave it alone for a few hours
    2, let the battery die out, then re-charge it
    3, look for another computer and see if it will recognize your mp3 player.
    It worked for me. I hope you can get your mp3 player fixed now post back if you need any more advice

I finally understand what u guys mean by lockout. Mine suddenly went dead on wed morning (23rd Aug) when i just charged 2nd time when i bought the player on 14th Sep. So i went back to Best Denki on 25th Sep to check. SO surprise the sale person can power it up, showing me that’s its low battery! But he was kind enough to exchange the whole set for me. Thank god. So today is the first day i used the new player. But after i read what u guys recommended, I guess i have to upgrade the firmware.

My Zen VPlus, which is about 3 years old, worked great, but lately it's been freezing up. Right now, it's frozen on one album; and I can't go back to any of the menus or anything. So, I used the reset and tried to do a cleanup, but it's also frozen at the cleanup screen. When I turn the device on and off, that is the screen that's displayed, but it never does the cleanup. Should I just assume this device has outlived its usefulness and invest in a new one?

Actually, I was able to do a recovery and reformat. Of course, it wiped all my music off the player, which is what I expected. But the buttons don't seem to be functional anymore. I can press the menu button to get to the music library, but then can't get past that. The play button now controls the volume and also locks the player. It's as if the controls have become confused. The "joystick" doesn't seem to work at all. My husband thinks the player's done.