Thread: What is default connection used in web browsing in Motorola DEFY.

What is default connection used in web browsing in Motorola DEFY.

I have bought Motorola DEFY before one week this phone is amazing with power packed features and using internet in this device is real fun but I have one question in mind regarding which internet connection is this device use by default means is it using WLAN connection by default or it use the normal sim card internet connection specially when both connections are available. Please tell me answer for that and is there any way to change the default connection?

Re: What is default connection used in web browsing in Motorola DEFY.

Hey hi I read your problem as you said that using internet in Motorola DEFY is ral fun I totally agree with you normally our mobiles takes the SIM card internet connection as by default and if WI FI and 3g both are available at same time and then you can disable 3g mode and WI FI connection if you want. Don’t worry after disable the 3g mode you will able to do calling as 2g mode will be still on there. Once you activate the 2g mode mobile will take the WI FI connection as default connection. Try this it will solve your problem.

Thank you for your help. As you said I tried your advice and changed the mode from my setting I don’t want to change the setting every time when I want to use the internet and also don’t want to play with my setting so is there any other way to use the WI FI connection, when both connections are available. If you know the any other way then please tell me what to do for that. Is there any dedicated setting for that or I have to do any setting manually?

Ok as you said that you don’t want to change the settings again and again for using the internet. for that the best thing you can do is the is just activate the offline mode means it will be available on your mobile as airplane mode after doing this you need to switch on the WI FI but you will be able to use the WI FI without any changes. But at that time you will not able to make calls because of Airplane mode it will not allow to make calls. I hope this trick will help you for you.

Hey thank you so much for your help it really worked for me now I don’t need to change any setting or don’t need to use my SIM card for internet connection. As you said in your last post I followed same thing and I get better result. Now I want to know is there in application which allow us to make call in offline mode also. If is there any then please tell me the name of that application. I will download that application. Please if you know any application then please give me the name. Thank you.

Yes there is one application which will allow you to call and send the text messages even in offline mode also the name of that application is APNdroid. This application will knock out network data reception except over wifi but it will keep your regular GSM calling active so that you can do your work simultaneously. So now make calls even while using your phone in WI FI mode. Hope this post is perfect answer for your question.