Thread: Blackberry not recognizing Outlook 2010 as a default email program

Blackberry not recognizing Outlook 2010 as a default email program

I have just recently installed the Microsoft office 2010 program in my system. However one problem is that my outlook is not getting recognized by the blackberry desktop. I have also checked the options and there also outlook is marked as the default mail program in the list. So according to that Microsoft outlook should be the default mail program then why is it that it is not getting shown up. So tell me what should I do in such situation? Any responses that you would like to give me then they are welcomed.

Re: Blackberry not recognizing Outlook 2010 as a default email program

I think that’s not the problem with the Microsoft outlook. I think the problem lies in the application only. This problem normally happens after a software upgrade. Normally what happens is that the blackberry applications do not recognize anything that comes under version 14 and unfortunately outlook 201 does comes under version 14 and hence it is facing some problem being recognized by the blackberry application. So just try out with an update to your device and see if that is supporting or not. So go ahead and try with the suggestion, it will definitely be of great help for you.

I think you must use any version which is older then the outlook 2010 so that you would be able to sync it with the blackberry desktop manager. So I think that’s the only solution left before you. Unfortunately the outlook 2010 which belongs to the version 14 is not supported by the desktop manager and hcne I think switching to the outlook 2008 would be a much better option to try with. So that’s the only option that you can try now. That’s my solution do implement it accordingly.

An update to the blackberry desktop manager will solve this problem, even I am one of the user who had this problem quite sometime ago and for that I had to update the blackberry desktop manager I suppose it is a 64 bit data of outlook program that is not getting supported by the blackberry desktop manager. The 32 bit of outlook program does gets easily synced with the blackberry desktop manager. So I hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here.

Yes definitely I did get the point that you have made here. I will soon update the desktop manager thanks for reminding about the procedure I was completely unaware of it and now I will carry on with the suggestion as soon as possible. So thanks a lot for reminding me here. Lets see if that update does solves the issue or not. However I was not knowing about the 64 bit and the 32 bit program funda. Anyways thanks for all your suggestions.