Thread: How to access recovery mode on Creative Zen Vision

How to access recovery mode on Creative Zen Vision

I am using the Creative Zen Vision MP3 player from last few months and the thing here is that I want to have control on the recovery mode of the same. Have anyone ever got the access to it if yes then please let me know how to gain the access on the recovery mode and what all things that we can do after gaining the control. And one important query from my side is that what all changes we can do from the recovery mode and if it is not possible to do changes then let me know why is it so.

Re: How to access recovery mode on Creative Zen Vision

Well if you will ask me then the recovery mode is nothing but allows you to store all your data before you format the same. Actually what I meant here is that if you want to format the Mp3 player of yours then keep one thing in mind that you have to take the backup of the data that you are having on the same. And for the same purpose recovery mode is used I mean if the player creases with any unwanted reason than to keep a track you need to just use the recovery mode.

Well according to me the recovery mode consists of four major operations and they are nothing but the Cleanup, Format All, Reload firmware and reboot. And then you can use all these four on basis of the condition. Now what I want you to do here is that don’t enter in the recovery mode unnecessarily because with in one click the data may be lost or anything else can happen.

Features Zen Player Recovery Tool
    • Automatically detect your Creative MP3 players supported.
    • Automatically retrieve the latest firmware for the connected device.
    • Automatically update the firmware of the player and format it as if it were a device MSC (Mass Storage Class).
    • Minimizes user intervention and provides download and install correctly.
    • Use the driver recovery mode allowing the detection of an MSC device via serial number.

Instructions with the recovery of ZEN Vision
    • Disconnect the ZEN Vision W and verify that the computer is off.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Turn on the power button and hold it in position Power On (On), then reinsert the battery into the ZEN Vision W. Holding down the power button until the Recovery Mode (Recovery Mode) appears.

The following options appear: Recovery Mode Option Function
    1. Clean Up -Analyzes the player and removes invalid links from its music library. Does not affect the audio files themselves.
    2. Format All -Warning! Clears the entire contents of your drive! Save a copy of the contents of your drive before formatting.
    3. Reload OS / Firmware (Reload the operating system or firmware)-Clears the firmware of your drive. Do not select Reload Firmware (Reload the firmware) unless you have access to a computer and you download the firmware to install.
    4. Reboot -Restarts the drive.

Operation Clean Sweep is the least destructive. Analyze the hard disk player, and invalid links of your music library. Does not affect music files themselves. We recommend that you "clean" before formatting or reloading the firmware of the player. Regular cleaning is recommended if you frequently transfer files between a PC and player. Any format is the same as a Windows format performed on a PC, and therefore the content is lost after a format. Update the firmware: Reloads the player's firmware (operating system). Also format the player and Resets the player. You can reset the player after cleaning or format, or restart it without doing either.