Thread: Nokia E7: Invalid characters while sending email

Nokia E7: Invalid characters while sending email

I have some problem with text email message in my nokia E7 mobile phone. While I sent any email from my E7 that have invalid or some un-necessary letters in them. The letters are just deems like this:
    Na Milta ¤ ¤ ¤ lisää ¤ na yttà Ajat sinulle t menossa? Sina molemmat sopivat Minulle ¤ ** kiristää ** NSA mieluummin KUN TUO Hugin sunnuntaina miljoonaa vuotta Tulena ¶ Hà ¤ à ¤ n ¶ reissulta illalla TYA
    This is a very huge trouble for me. I just request nokia to please sort this out as soon as possible. Anyone else here ever has thus type of issues? Or anyone get success to solve this problem? Please if anyone have any idea or any information on thus than please provide me.

Re: Nokia E7: Invalid characters while sending email

I also had the similar issue today. I just send one email to my friend and all invalid or I can say Swedish characters fell off. It’s really the problem. I just attempted to send an e-mail to myself and it worked well. My earlier message was not correctly exhibit on my coworker's desktop though. I think its must be a character set problem. Please if anyone have any solution for this than please provide us. Because this really annoying thing for us.

One of my friends also has the same problem and while he talks with nokia people, they just reply: “We will take this to the thought of the applicable teams so that it can confirm whether the device or MFE Might Be wrong. As was recommended, you might want to check the letter of the language (although this should normally be set "when automatically after the main device in the UI language setting, i.e. it should not be any different, unless you have it changed sold separately).”

I tried to repeat this, but cannot. I changed the input language from Finnish to English. Later this worked ok when sending e-mail from E7 device by using Scandinavian characters. It could be the server settings that caused this to E7. Have you tested with other equipment, for example E72, it works ok? Could you please you’re:
    1. Telephone number of the product code
    2. Phone software version and client software version.

To the above information, select Call and enter * # 0000 #.

I use E7 with the Danish language settings, and I have the same problem with the Danish characters (æ, ø, å) in Mail for Exchange. From what I've found it only when I answer an e-mail. If I write a novel e-mail, each characters appears good in the recipients e-mail client, but when I respond to an e-mail, it replaces all Danish characters, such as AE = a |, o = a and a = a ¥. In the editor view (the black screen on E7) all the characters look OK, but was once the mail sent, and Whit Monday, the Exchange will be synchronized, I can see in my "Sent Items" (MFE on the E7) that the E-mail is already damaged. When I look in my Sent Items Microsoft Outlook on my PC, I can see that the e-mail looks wrong here, as well.

We are running Exchange 2003 and I have this problem on E7 and C6. The problem does not occur when creating a new message on the phone. It only happens when forwarding or answering messages. The message looks ok on the phone to send to them. Then it's either corrupted at the receiver end and in the Sent Items folder. A solution to this is immediately required, because this is very disturbing to both the sender and the receiver.