Thread: Windows Phone 7: Unable to connect with WLAN hidden SSID?

Windows Phone 7: Unable to connect with WLAN hidden SSID?

Well I am having Windows 7 phone. I have successfully configured the SSID on the hidden of the WLAN router of mine. but I have found that it is not working at all. This thing is only possible when the SSID is open. Is there any way to configure the WLAN manually on the phone of mine. Let me know if you are having any useful instruction to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Windows Phone 7: Unable to connect with WLAN hidden SSID?

Well according to me it is possible to configure the Wireless Access Point to the non broadcasting SSID. It is intentionally used to prevent the unauthorized users to detect the wireless network from the wireless clients. The Access points are sending the beacon frames to the advertise capabilities information and parameters which are set for the networks. The turning of the broadcasting the AP would not prevent the beacon frame which is being sent. It would send the beacon frame however it will send the SSID values which is set to Null.

The capability to connect with the non broadcast SSID is a great corporative efforts between the wireless supplicant and the Wireless NIC driver. If you are looking to get the advantage of the improvements made to the Vista then make sure that Wireless Adapter driver should be having the support for this particular enhancement. It should sent the probe packet to the AP for the hidden SSID. You will see that the power settings which is defined on the NIC driver could influence the whether the AP is receiving probe or not.

I let you know that the Windows Vista and Sever 2008 is having an extra configuration settings in order to specify the whether the network which is being used is broadcast or not. in the Wireless Network properties dialog box you will find the checkbox Connect even if the network is not broadcasting checkbox. This particular thing will send the probe requests to the network. If there is any network available in the provided range then it will simply make a list of the same on the screen.

As far as I am knowing that there are quite great range of widely distributed WLAN drivers which are completely are not having a support for the dealing with the non broadcast SSID. Also the Broadcom is unable to displaying the unnamed networks and still there is no action is conducted to fix the problem. also the Non broadcast SSID are not having the valid security measure and it is quite easy to discover the same because it force the clients to send the probe.

Well the Wireless supplicant will take look on the available networks and simply try to match with the list provided into the networks list. In case there is any match occurs then it will simply make an attempt to connect with the same. If there is no match then it will try to compare with the visible network on the preferred list and simply try to connect with the each network in the list provided in the list of the networks.

I well I have done lost of research work on this particular matter and I have found that the current Windows phones are not having any support for the SSID Windows Phone 7. There is nothing which you can do on the phone to get the SSID we need to wait till the Microsoft makes some useful action so that we can get the SSID on the Windows Phone 7. I am hoping that the Microsoft will take the action as early as possible.