Thread: EAX in vista and x-fi

EAX in vista and x-fi

I’ve got the x-fi fatality FPS. i know now that windows vista is not able to all me the normal use of EAX in the games, so you created alchemy. Now, is that program the SOLUTION or games can still not work with eax? Actually I’m using only one game, war hammer online, and alchemy is not working on it. The sound is a LOT troublesome, loads of interferences, distortions and cuttings, even adjusting the values of duration and buffer in alchemy. But at the same time i know that this particular game still has some issues with eax and is actually not fully supported. so, my question is, can we hope in a solution, that we will be able to use eax again on vista, or all we can do is hope on alchemy and that our favorite games will work with it? Is it something you can do or WE can do with the driver or the system? Some homemade patch, tweaking, beta drivers or so? or, if everything fails and there's no solution, can you tell me if there's a new card from creative that allows us to have something similar to EAX in a simple way? i don't know, some ambient sound that is not eax but, in facts, give us almost the same results in-game (directional sounds, echoes and so on). sorry if i said something ridiculous, i don't really know anything about that stuff, I’m just wondering WHY in an OS dedicated to gamers (main advertise was "windows vista, perfect game experience with dx10 support) they disabled eax that is for the audio like the dx10 are for the graphic.

Re: EAX in vista and x-fi

The problem is not making the game accept alchemy; it actually uses eax when i open alchemy. The problem is the settings. There is no value for duration and buffer i can use to make the sound go smoothly. But, i repeat, it could be a problem of the game, as the producer say. Anyway, the game doesn't have any openal32.dll but it's good to know that if with some games it won't work i can try that solution.

Listen to me m8 xonar emulates the eax better than the alchemy crap. i use the latest baby of xaner HDAV 1.3 deluxe and play with no more problem the emulation it in the driver u don’t need more software and etc if u can return your card and take a xonar u see what I’m talking about u have the best sound plus the eax5 with no problems at all it emulation cause crapeative plays itself and need only money the do nothing for us and they need only money so ignorance they take back.

I don't trust non technical stuff when we are talking about spending so much money. Actually you are not telling me nothing more than creative is evil because they suck our money away, which is not true. The real problem, from my point of view, is vista, not creative. NOBODY on the net says that xonar is better than x.fi, furthermore everybody says it CAN'T use eax 5.0, or 4.0, or even 3.0. But i prefer to trust numbers and experience. Creative is always been perfect for my play sessions. i won't change it for now. i just need to know a way to use eax on vista. If there is something better than alchemy.

Just wanted to say that though I’ve solved the previous problem i still have some problems with that card and vista 64bit. I’ve got a p7p55d asus motherboard, NVIDIA GTX275 an I5-750 Intel processor. I’m encountering serious problems hile using that card. The system freezes and from the speakers comes a distorted sound, always different. It’s like interference or something. a raw sound. And that's it. Maybe you should develop a new driver, yes?