Thread: Toshiba Satellite A135-S4656 need drivers for Xp

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4656 need drivers for Xp

Hello, I am having a Toshiba satellite laptop, model A135-S4656 and have got Windows Vista installed. This laptop was gifted to me by someone, and since then it is running on windows Vista. The problem with my laptop is that, Vista is unstable and has resulted in number of issues. The laptop is having wireless problem, as well as printer spooler manager is not working properly. The list of trouble is growing day by day. I want to install windows Xp operating system in my Toshiba satellite, but the problem is that I don’t have Xp recovery Cd as well as drivers. Can anyone suggest me how to get drivers as well as Xp recovery disk.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A135-S4656 need drivers for Xp

If you are not having windows Xp recovery disk then don’t worry. You can order and get it from the Microsoft Corporation. But there is little bit to worry about the Windows XP driver Cd. I am having a driver cd for Windows XP but it is only compatible with the HP laptop. The best way to get the drivers for the Toshiba satellite is download it from internet. Just type the full name and model number of your laptop and search it. See if you get the appropriate drivers for your laptop

It is true that the drivers of other model of laptop will not work in Toshiba satellite. The chip set and the mother board model differs from laptop to laptop. So any other drivers will not be compatible with the hardware of your laptop. Just try to browse the Toshiba website and search for the drivers available for your Toshiba satellite. If you find any, then download it. Test it and see if it is compatible.

For your Toshiba satellite A135-S4656, I think this following driver would be compatible
    “AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018”. I am on AOL, so if you send me a personal mail with any email id that you have, then I may send you personal link with which you can access the XDrive folders that are public through my account. You can also set a free email account at AOL or Yahoo and can download files.

When the laptop was purchased, windows Vista was installed to it by default. The company has given this operating system with the laptop because it is more stable to the windows vista environment. You complained that your wireless/LAN is not working and stated many other problems. I suggest you to format your laptop with Windows vista Recovery disc and then install the drivers that came with the Vista edition, when the laptop was purchased.

Hey guys thank a lot. I really had a great time with you all. After so many searches a browsing, I got the appropriate driver for my Toshiba satellite. I downloaded all the drivers for free and copied it to the CD. But then one of my friends told me that Windows Vista is the best operating system for Toshiba laptops. He also warned me that if I install operating system other than Vista then the system might become unstable. So finally in decided to continue with windows Vista. Now I don’t have any with my laptop.