Thread: Track won't appear on playlist on Zen MX

Track won't appear on playlist on Zen MX

I have a Zen MX that I'm transferring my music too. It's taking a bit of getting used to after my Muvos, but over all I like it. This is my problem. There's one track that will not appear on the playlist I added it to on Creative Centrale and there doesn't seem to be a way to add it manually. The track is Cu Chullain from The Eternal Knot. The track appears in the album list as CCulain, probably because the first 'u' has an accent over it. I can play the track if I select it via Music->Album, but not via Music->Playlist. Can anybody suggest why this track isn't appearing in the playlist? Better yet, can anybody suggest a fix for the problem?

Re: Track won't appear on playlist on Zen MX

Sounds like you have some Unicode text and filename issues. I would recommend renaming the mp3 file with a non-unicode (ASCII) "ú":
    Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map
    In Character map search for a non-unicode font (In my case I used the Courier font). You can verify this by looking at the bottom of the Character map window. If it starts with "Character Code:..." then you know you're dealing with a non-unicode font. If it starts with a "U+..." then it is a unicode font (avoid it!). Copy the non-unicode "ú" from Character map and paste it over its Unicode version in the filename and tag (Updating the tag info will allow your Zen to display the complete tag info)
    Once you've done this delete, the old entry in your playlist and then add the renamed mp3 file to your playlist.

I have a similar problem but on a much bigger scale. I transferred 2800 tracks onto my new X-Fi and placed them into a new playlist called “OLD ZEN” and then started transferring them into further playlists as I deemed suitable. I am now down to 2400 in the “OLD ZEN” but only 600 show in Creative Centrale when plugged into either of my two computers. However when playing the mp3 in the car all 2400 tracks show as being present. Presumably something is wrong with the software but how can I get it right again

Had the same problem with x-fi2 before. It could not handle the swedish character in creative central. Creative support was terrible in that case, rename 30k songs and spell them wrong then the player have a bug. Problem solved by create playlist with any other program that can make playlists. Now my girlfriend has the same problem with a creative style. But it does not help if i create them in for example winamp. The bug seems to be in the player this time. May be they fix the bug in a distance future but then i buy a player i want to use it now, not in a year.