Thread: Unable to charge Creative ZEN MX battery

Unable to charge Creative ZEN MX battery

I've bought Creative Zen MX player a couple months ago. First thing I noticed when I plug in it into my computer was that battery after 3 hours was not full, what is more computer disconnected with it couple times. After weeks or two when I tried to charge it i went where I bought it and they said after some examination that it really didn't work. They've sent it to the service. I had t wait for the return two months! And at the end they said that that tiny usb wire was damaged not mp3. OK. The battery was fully charged maybe 1 on 5 attempts. There is no problem in my computer because I tried it on several others and it did not work. Please, help me

re: Unable to charge Creative ZEN MX battery

I was given this as a gift. I charged it for 8hrs when i got it and it showed fully charged. I have been trying to give it a full charge over the last 2 days once on a power adapter plugged into the wall the other through the USB port on my laptop .each for about 8hrs each. Using different cables. I remove the player and it shows full battery (never gives the plug icon though) and within 30 minutes of play music, I get the low battery warning. It was purchased on 1/25/2011. Also it will not power on while charging. My original ZEN was able to play music when charging this one says DOCKED and will not responds to the power button being presses.

There are some points you might want to note:
    1. Battery is not holding charge
    2. Player not displaying proper battery charge.
    Can you please update the firmware to rule out point 2? Take note that it is normal for the player to display Docked when it's connected to the computer. You won't be able to do anything with it while it's docked.

I sent my mp 4 to the customer service and they returned it claiming that the battery was changed and firmware updated. Well, I do not think so. I still have the same problem as I described before. This was the second time i returned it to customer service. How many times should I Send it to get my money back or to receive a new mp4? This mp4 is the biggest mistake I've ever made buying this. What to do now?

Re: Unable to charge Creative ZEN MX battery

Hi. I have Zen X-Fi Style purchased this year. I noticed that the battery drains even if it is in shutdown mode. I charge the Zen X-Fi through PC until it is fully charged. I'll just keep it. When i open it at mid day, the battery indicates 3/4 is drained. When I opened it again in the evening, the battery is fully drained. Take note that i don't use it. I also shut it down properly. The battery life is shorter if I use it. What should I do? The battery should not be drained this fast if it is not in use. Your help will be appreciated.