Thread: Unable to sync contacts using Desktop Manager on BlackBerry Torch

Unable to sync contacts using Desktop Manager on BlackBerry Torch

I am a new Blackberry user just having acquired a Blackberry Torch. I am running Mac OS X Snow Leopard. With my Torch clean out of the box I tried to synchronize my contacts by means of the Desktop Manager and got an error expressing me to look into KB19454. This article does not look to be updated with deference to the new OS6 as far as I can tell. Has anybody else got this error and have a solution for getting Contacts from OS X synched?

Re: Unable to sync contacts using Desktop Manager on BlackBerry Torch

I haven't got this error because I am not running that OS. However, what I have made to synch my contacts as of my previous phone was back up my address book as of my old phone. After that I linked the torch and departed into tool in the desktop manager menu and utilized the restore function. I chosen that I wanted to restore my contacts, and so on and it pressed them to my torch. I was running with the curve 8310 earlier and windows Vista PC. Possibly this assists, possibly it doesn't, but it's worth a shot.

Although you can't sync the address book with your blackberry Torch, you can at a standstill execute the backup and restore functions on the desktop software. Therefore, if you have a complete set of contacts on your, for instance blackberry Bold, just back up them by means of the "Backup" function (as you can see, you don't have to back up the whole device, you can decide and choose what you would like to backup). You can after that simply restores these contacts to your new blackberry Torch. I did this and as well restored my pictures, BlackBerry Messenger contacts/settings, and so on. And it all worked superbly.

Syncing in new contacts that aren't on your computer: If you just situate in 50 new contacts into your Torch and you badly need them to be in your PC Address Book? Utilize the backup function, as earlier, to save your Torch contacts to the PC in a backup file. After that and here's the approximately part--restore these contacts to your old BlackBerry (the one that at a standstill simply communicated with Address Book/Entourage/etc.) and ensue to do a typical sync from there. They will emerge in your Address Book as usual. This isn't as time overwhelming as it sounds, possibly 3 minutes from start to end.

I was attempting to import my calendar, contacts, and notes and so on from my old Treo 680 to my novel blackberry Torch through a Mac. I utilized "The Missing Synch" software to switch this data onto a Mac and after that tried to utilize the BB Desktop Manager to get the data onto my Torch. One time I got my iCalendar cleaned up (It took quite a lot of attempts to get my calendar to emerge properly because I had a few duplicate events on the Treo and my iCalendar), I was simply able to get this information over to the Torch.

I think that the other Knowledge Base article has now been modernized. Sync'ing contacts currently works for me on Mac OS X 10.5.6.
    Steps I took:
    1. Updating blackberry Messenger.
    2. Immobilize syncing of contacts and calendar through wireless.
    3. Plugged in device and synchronized with the desktop manager and this worked effectively.

I have not attempted turning back on wireless. Can anybody verify that the wireless sync works later than getting the desktop manager to sync physically?