Thread: BlackBerry Desktop Manager deleted all events in iCal while sync

BlackBerry Desktop Manager deleted all events in iCal while sync

I just modernized my Desktop Manager for Mac and on the initial sync of my blackberry 8900 Curve it removed all of the calendar events from my ICal. The all of the events are on my blackberry, but not any of them are on my iCal, and they won't sync back over. Is there any way to repair this? Anyone have any idea about this? Please if anyone here get any idea or any information about this than, provide me.

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Manager deleted all events in iCal while sync

I as well upgraded to the most recent version of Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac. I synchronized my calendar and the whole thing from iCal was removed. Luckily, my Blackberry Calendar is unbroken. Despite this irritation, this is at a standstill a major improvement over the first time I installed the desktop. I as well attempted making an event on iCal and synchronized. This novel event synchronized with my Blackberry. While I unlock the event the Send Using entry is the similar email address that I utilized for all my other entries on my Blackberry.

I encountered the similar problem. After years of building birthdays, anniversaries, and further business and private calendar appointments, this most recent update erased all of them! Come on RIM, did you appoint a clown for a CTO? Do you even alpha and beta experiment your software? I had to stop utilizing Desktop for Windows on my virtual machine because it trashed my Outlook quite a lot of times and to my agreeable surprise, the Mac version of your desktop software worked immense with Entourage and currently this!

I am not certain I know how to explain it any clearer than it is in the instructions. The just thing I can suppose to put in is that the folder they express as the <User> folder is as well known as the Home folder, in OSX 10.5 and over (I think) it is the folder "places" column on the left of the finder window that has the small house symbol next to it. After that find the folders listed in series. If you necessitate the walked through I would recommend calling your carrier, and get the call raised to RIM's technical support.

I utilized the blackberry Desktop Manager on my MAC to accomplish 2 things: backup my blackberry data, and sync my Mac's ICal calendar. That’s all, but no additional! It was functioning quite well recently (after 2 earlier total blackberry crashes that had me reloading the complete operating system and data on my blackberry while my PC screen switched to screensaver in the core of a blackberry backup. Anyway, yesterday my Desktop Manager software said it had an upgrade, and thus I upgraded, hoping it would be superior.

I just acquired the upgrade. Wish I had checked comments earlier than installing. You would think RIM would experiment something like this. I have mislaid my calendar appointments on my Mac desktop and attempted all the solutions posted and it at a standstill does not fix my calendar. I have a BlackBerry 9000. This is most annoying as I share my calendar with others and they have lost all data too. I speculate why people are moving to I-phones?