Thread: How to disable the "read only" option when I sync blackberry on Mac

How to disable the "read only" option when I sync blackberry on Mac

As Apple present the novel feature of iCal and Blackberry's Desktop Software for Mac. My phone cannot sync the Calendar actions and Task any longer. After I click on Calendar in blackberry Software I acquire the info: calendar is read-only and I require creating one. I would like at a standstill to sync my devices, please know somebody how to immobilize the "read-only" option. Please if anyone has any idea about this than help me for this.

Re: How to disable the "read only" option when I sync blackberry on Mac

I think it has something to do with the truth that the novel iCal stores the calendars on Apple's servers, the "cloud" and not on the Mac, so there is not anything on the Mac for blackberry Desktop to Sync with. I called Apple support today and they said that, it is not probable to sync new ICal with blackberry at present. I think the guy I spoke to might not have truly given it an attempt. There must be a few methods to copy to iCal calendar on the Mac so blackberry can sync calendars.

You necessitate making certain that the calendar is owned by the account which you are attempting to sync from. Other user calendars may emerge but will undoubtedly be read-only. For example, in my sister's account, she has a pair of calendars which she owns, which show up in the Desktop software and she can sync, and as well read-only access to my calendar, which she cannot sync. Take a look at that and notice if it makes any distinction.

I would be pleased if you would share your knowledge of how to alter the settings to make it work. Apple ICal customer support expert has said flat out the new ICal is not well-matched with BlackBerry syncing. Missing Sync, the guys that make the software which syncs BlackBerry and Mac, have a complete support page devoted to telling BlackBerry users not to upgrade to novel Apple iCal because the iCal data is amassed in the cloud. As far as I recognize it, a copy of the iCal data is stored close by on the Mac, but the master now lives on Apple servers, and therefore this why the syncing does not work any longer.

1. Your local iCal is the ultimate source of calendar data for your Mac except you have distorted the default configuration to be or else. In fact, in order for your data to be "on the cloud" you would necessitate a MobileMe account and to have configured your Mac to hide all your data there. If you have one of those, I am naive and my comments will be of no use to you.
    2. My remark refers specifically to the exercise of the Blackberry Desktop software. We don't utilize Missing Sync here and if that is your anxiety, again, I am naive and my comments will be of no use to you.

Make certain that you are logged into the account which owns the calendar you wish to sync. There you can see quite a lot of calendars scheduled, including one which is read-only. The red calendar with the name start with "N" is the one we wish to sync with the Blackberry. Now, we will fire up BB Desktop Software. So, to sync the calendar we wish to, click the "Calendar" key and you should see a bit like so (note the read-only calendar, that ain't going to sync and we won't attempt to make it). As renowned, this works just well for us. I wish this helps someone!