Thread: No backlight in the screen of Blackberry Curve 8530

No backlight in the screen of Blackberry Curve 8530

Hi friends, I am having a Blackberry Curve 8530 which I bought one month ago. One day while traveling, I accidentally dropped it and after that it is showing some serious problem. The trackpad has stopped functioning and I am unable to browse the phone. I am able to click on the menu but cannot browse to select any application. The backlight of the phone is not working but I can see the text on the screen. I am just able to make a call and receive, but cannot browse or scroll through any application. Can anybody suggest me what to do.

Re: No backlight in the screen of Blackberry Curve 8530

You are facing the problem with Blackberry Curve 8530 after you accidentally dropped. It is obvious for every mobile phone to stop functioning after they experience any physical shock. First of all remove the battery from the phone and leave it for sometime. Check for any physical damage to the screen or keypad. Now replace back the battery and try to switch it on. If the phone switches on, then fortunately your phone has not got damaged. Check if all the functions are working properly.

If you are unable to scroll or browse the application then you can reset the phone manually. To perform soft reset just press ALT + CAP + DELETE keys from the keypad and see if the phone is reset to default factory settings. Now switch off the phone and after a while again switch it on. Now go to menu option and see if you are able to scroll the applications, with the help of track pad.

If you are unable to scroll any application and if the trackpad is not working , then perform soft reset by pressing the combination of keys ALT + CAP + DELETE. If the soft reset doesn’t solve the scrolling problem then I advise you to perform hard reset or complete format. For this you need to find the reset button which is at the back side of the phone. This button may be present at the bottom, under the battery cover. Press the reset button with the help of pin or paper clip. But beware; you might lose all the data stored in the phone.

As your Blackberry phone was dropped, so first of all check if there is any physical damage occurred to the screen. Check if the screen has any sort of crack or breakage. Can you see any liquid spilled out of the screen. If there is any damage to the screen then the back light will not illuminate the screen. Since it is hardly one month old, your Blackberry phone might be under warranty period. So take it to the service center and your problem will be solved. If there is any damage to the LCD then you will need to change it.

I removed the battery, then put it back and then tried to switch on the phone. The phone switched on but the back light of the screen was gone. I tried to soft reset by pressing ALT + CAP + DELETE key but found no difference. After few days I realized that the screen is damaged and saw the liquid spilled out of the screen. I took it to the service center and got the new LCD in replacement of the old one. Now every thing seems to be working fine. Thank you guys for solving my problem.