Thread: "No writable calendars" message when I sync blackberry on Mac

"No writable calendars" message when I sync blackberry on Mac

I have just got my BlackBerry Curve 8520 as I thought it could synch with ICal through the Blackberry desktop software (of course I am utilizing a Mac). I have handled to synch contacts and notes but in the calendar field it simply says "there are no writable calendars available for synching on this PC." I have checked all the applicable boxes in all applications (I previously utilize MobileMe and synch other devices). Does anybody have any idea how I get it to work? There is a variety of post but not any seems to have had the similar difficulty.

Re: "No writable calendars" message when I sync blackberry on Mac

I have the similar trouble. 'There are no writable Calendars obtainable for syncing on this PC. Please launch iCal or Microsoft Entourage and make a new writable calendar'. As I haven't observed this trouble before I think this trouble has to to be connected with the new iCal updating. I followed some advice, shaped a new calendar, rebooted PC, and the novel calendar is there in iCal. No change, at a standstill the same error messages. Any chances of some help please?

1. In iCal make a new calendar from the file menu, selecting the 'on my Mac' option. Call it what you want, but you necessitate this calendar 'on your Mac' for the blackberry Desktop Software to write events shaped on the phone into.
    2. The Desktop Software with phone linked after that shows all the calendars as 'read only' options. Fine. Mark the boxes you want to select what calendars you wish to sync, and don't fail to remember to mark the new Calendar you just shaped. It will work. It did for me. All my Calendars are at present showing yet again on my phone.

It should be simples, but while I read tech advisor with his suggestion for act, I didn't collect from his note that the novel calendar should be 'on my Mac'

I have the similar trouble, after the Blackberry software upgrade. On the other hand I did make a Cal on 'On my Mac' as recommended. It syncs with the Blackberry and Mac but if you have shaped an event on your blackberry that's below another Cal i.e. MobileMe after that it does sync with your Mac. That's a problem. Another trouble is I make use of a Mac, IPhone, IPad and BB9700 and blackberry won't talk to Mac. Wish there's a resolution to this. Seems like 'on my Mac' syncs with 'on my blackberry'

If I am right I think you are mislaid the salient point that if you type a calendar event on your Blackberry you have to enter it on the calendar that is 'on your Mac'. The calendars in iCal which are synched with MobileMe are noticeable anyway on the Blackberry Desktop Software as 'read only', representative that you cannot write to them from the phone. It is no adversity to change your selection of calendar one time you have synchronized the event with your PC- as you possibly know though, if you do that it will be copy on your phone at the next synch.

The upgrade based on Apple's unalterable growth to garnering the whole thing cloudwords changed things for Blackberry. Possibly Blackberry might work on something to make ideal synchronicity, but I for one won't be betting on it. As you know, Apple, of which I am an huge fan I must to add, won't rest until they have lassoed everybody probable into their cage, and the cause why I took the Blackberry phone in its place of an iPhone was that I didn't wish the stuff I didn't want, nor did I wish to be in such a strongly controlled 'gang', but I do have the iPad obviously.

I have had this same problem for over six months. Just updated the BB DM software and the BB apps (backing up, of course) .. pay careful attention as noted in an earlier post to create the new calendar in iCal ON MY MAC - then go ahead and sync and it will be fine