Thread: New Bada upgrade for Samsung WAVE S8500 through Kies

New Bada upgrade for Samsung WAVE S8500 through Kies

I have been using the Samsung WAVE S8500 from the past several days and it is good so far. In order to connect to the computer I use Kies. Today I have opened the Kies and got a pop up saying that there is a new firmware upgrade available for your mobile. It seems to me like 2.0. I don’t know what this upgrade includes. As far as I know that 1.2 only DDKF1. .

Re: New Bada upgrade for Samsung WAVE S8500 through Kies

I state that it is a straightforward if everything goes smoothly. Council to upgrade the phone with the network cable or wifi signal with excellent speed up the process. If your Wave has the first version of firmware and you skipped the first official update available, you will Kies directly updated to the latest version for Wave. If you do not end the update and you should lock your phone, use the "Download Mode" and the update procedure using the "Multiloader" in the section [S8500 WAVE] Unofficial Updates.
    One more thing, Samsung has released a first beta version of Kies 2. This new version of the known synchronization program features a new user interface, synchronization and firmware updates faster than the addition of a music store in which you can purchase music, iTunes-style. About the latter, now allows you to synchronize Kies, Samsung smartphones, playlists generated both iTunes and Windows Media Player.

Like most Samsung earlier, even the Samsung Wave can be updated "easily" through an alternative method different from that obtained by Kies Suite. Many will wonder why update with another method. The reasons may be different, but the main one is that Samsung does not distribute all the updates that creates and many, although excellent, the servers are the manufacturer and never be truly distributed.

I know that there is a update but keep in mind that during the upgrade of the boot, if something does not go your way (battery, the cable is disconnected; you flash a wrong file, turns off the pc, etc.) Phone will be permanently damaged and will need assistance.

I just purchased a samsung S8500 wave, a beautiful phone. When I tried to update the firmware (with dedicated Samsung Kies software) Windows OS 7 as having something went wrong and I crashed the phone.

I think that you are still using the older version of Kies. With the latest version of Kies was solved the problem of its failure to update, with early versions it was impossible to update Kies. If you should mess with the program Kies unable to complete its installation or update it because you have installed an early version, download the program "Revo UninstallerPro" or "Unistall program". I advise you to use the program "Revo UninstallerPro," does it all automatically and removes all traces of Kies is on the register. Once un-installation is complete, use the program "CCleaner" or "RegCleaner" to remove any traces of Kies still present in the registry.

I don’t think that you need the Kies anymore because there is a new PC Suite for the WAVE is SAMSUNG GRAVEL. With the help of the phone is managed (contacts, appointments, messages) and synchronized with the PC (Outlook). GRAVEL is also the equivalent of Apple's iTunes. GRAVEL with the PC, you can visit the Samsung AppStore and download apps for the WAVE and install. In addition, GRAVEL accomplishes a variety of multimedia tasks, such as manage music, convert and edit video and burn CDs and rip. In addition, it has a recovery module, and of course updates function for the phone's firmware.