Thread: Installation of Blackberry Desktop Software fails because of missing Blackberry 8310.msi file

Installation of Blackberry Desktop Software fails because of missing Blackberry 8310.msi file

I hope you have got the problem that I am going to specify here. The problem is that my blackberry desktop software does not gets successfully installed in my system. The term successful means that it must gets installed as well as it must run properly. It is doing nothing, now when it gets installed and when I began to use it then it gave me a message saying the program is trying to use a network resource that is not available. So it is looking for the Blackberry 8310.msi file. Now when I try to uninstall the Blackberry Desktop Software then also it gives me the same error. So what is the exact cause of this problem can you all tell me. Please suggest me some solutions.

Re: Installation of Blackberry Desktop Software fails because of missing Blackberry 8310.msi file

See there must be some problem in the installer of the software and hence it is giving you an error, so what I would suggest you in such situation is that you must try and uninstall the desktop manager and then download the installer again, now compress the desktop manager in a good source like 7zip and from there save it in a new location. Do try the installation form there and you will get the required result. So I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here.

Re: Installation of Blackberry Desktop Software fails because of missing Blackberry 8310.msi file

Thanks for the quick response. One thing that I want to know no matter from where I download the file when I save that in the desktop if I decompress them then I don’t get the independence of saving them in any of the locations that I want. So what to do ins such situation . I understood the method that you all have suggested here but I am not clear with a simple method and hence I want to confirm it with you all. So does anybody know why is that thing happening? Please suggest me something.

So that’s why I recommended you compressing in a 7zip file and not the normal win rar or the win zip file. It will solve all the issue that you were facing earlier with the other versions. So that’s why I am recommending you this particular solution. That’s why In the above I have clearly specified you to sue the 7Zip file. If you have any doubts then I would advice you to visit the main webpage of the 7zip and you will get the required information there.

Yes that really did work and I must say that you guys are a true genius it has really helped me out. So thanks a lot for that. In a matter of getting the solution I read the suggestions very quickly and hence in the process I missed out some important points. Anyways the issue is finally resolved and thanks to you guys for helping me out here. You guys were quick and i am very happy with the final output. so again thanks a lot for that.