Thread: How to retrieve the password from password manager in BlackBerry Desktop Manager

How to retrieve the password from password manager in BlackBerry Desktop Manager

I am in a very sad state, the thing is that I have lost my BlackBerry recently and I need to know all my stored passwords that were stored in the phone. So is it possible to recover them from my laptop? I need to get all the stored passwords that I had in the blackberry phone? So is there any password manager that will help me retrieve the password from the blackberry phone? Anyone having any idea then do share it here.

Re: How to retrieve the password from password manager in BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Yes you can get the stored password. In the desktop manager check out for the ipd file any file with the extension of the *.ipd then do find it and you will get all the necessary information that you were looking for. All the ipd files do keep a back up of all the stored information and hence it will get you the required information that you were looking for. So do go ahead and I am sure you will get the desired solution.

Re: How to retrieve the password from password manager in BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Well the problem is that I had never kept a backup of all the files and hence I don’t think so this ipd files will be of great help for me. I was thinking that sync will sync my password or so. So I did not bother to keep a backup of all the passwords. At that time who knew that my blackberry would be lost. Anyways is there any other method that I must try so that I would get the hope of getting the password back. If there is any possibility then please do notify me about that.

Ok then it would be better if you call the network service provider they might be having the log file for all the stored passwords and hence they will be the last person that you can turn to in this situation. If they are not able to retrieve the log files then you might be losing all the passwords that you had previously stored. So do have a talk with them and they might get you with the solutions. So go ahead, do have a talk with them and it will be of lot of help for you.

Yes that definitely looks to me as the last option that I should try anyways I f you are able to find some other solutions then please notify me about the same. I will have a talk with the AT&T people very soonly and see to it that they can provide some help here. It was very silly of me that I did not go with the backup I must have realized that much before anyways that did not happen. Lets see what happens next.