Thread: Blackberry Bold 9700: Latest desktop manager for Mac does not work

Blackberry Bold 9700: Latest desktop manager for Mac does not work

I have Blackberry Bold 9700 and an iMac has 10.6.4 with the most recent Blackberry Desktop for Mac and it will not permit me to update the handheld software either. It is for a dissimilar reason. It says I don't have sufficient memory on my handheld, but that does not make any wisdom since I have completely wiped my handheld. Is RIM each going to figure this software out? Years in the making and they at a standstill can't get a functioning software application for the Mac. Anyone have any idea about this.

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700: Latest desktop manager for Mac does not work

Here I wish to add something in this case. I have a blackberry curve 8320 and generally cannot synch. I will attempt on and off for weeks, after that for a few reason it will synch. Usually it shows up as "not connected" on the 'device' menu. Occasionally I will obtain the error: "calendar catalog cannot be accessed for synchronization. Refer to KB19454 in the BBDM knowledge base" but further times I won't.

You would think that later than a few years of functioning on this program for the Mac they could get it right. RIM is after all one of the majority technologically superior companies in the world with additional resources obtainable than the majority governments. They are possibly not getting any assistance from Apple because of the iPhone which looks to be kicking their butt. I just ever sync one way -just push the information from my desktop and overwrite my handheld each time. I don't faith the program to sync two ways correctly.

I have the similar problem. I just got an iMac about a month before. I have had the Bold 9000 since it came out approximately a couple years before. I wanted to update to operating system 5 for the Bold, but it seems that no way to do it for a Mac. All commands for updating OS are for computer. The just way I can discover for Mac users is to utilize the Desktop Software for Mac. There is utterly no way I can observe to download OS 5 and update using this software. I believe I have had it with Blackberry. I have wanted to get a novel phone for superior browsing. I looked at the Torch and walked away let down.

I have the Storm2 and a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.6.4. For about 3 months I could sync correctly. After that DM began duplicating my contacts and tasks on my Blackberry. Afterward I observed that anything that I edited on the BB would not be distorted on the Mac. It would just list as two dissimilar addresses. Today I decided to remove the address book on the Mac and start afresh. The sync looked to go well, but while I looked at the address book on my Mac, just 12 names out of 292 had transferred.

I observe when reading the frustration of others here, that the major criticism and irritating aspect of utilizing DTM to sync with our Macs is that it will work pretty well in terms of syncing iCal, Tasks, and so forth. And after that, abruptly for no reason, alter or alteration on the users' part, it won't. While it is functioning just well one day, and after that the next time you sync, doing the exact similar thing you have completed for weeks and months, not altering one iota of your routine, your software, your tools or any other variable-to have it not work for a few screwy cause that you just don't have time to track down.