Thread: How to minimize the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0 to the System Tray?

How to minimize the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0 to the System Tray?

I just happened to install the blackberry desktop manager 6.0 in my system, now I want to know is there not any method by which I would be able to minimize the system tray I did try several methods for minimizing it but I was unsuccessful in it. So that’s why I have come here to take some help for you all. I want to get it minimized it to the system tray so that it would be easy to sync my blackberry with it. so please tell me fast on how to sync with it. Please if possible do reply as fast as possible.

Re: How to minimize the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0 to the System Tray?

I think this feature was removed in this update. So I think they will replace it in the next update. So lets wait and watch whether this feature does gets replaced as early s possible. This feature was present in the earlier version and hence it was great to sync the blackberry with the system but now it has become very difficult to do the same.so I think developers will have a close look at this matter and will bring out some solutions for all of us.

I would recommend to use a third party program like Trayit. I think it’s a temporary solution that you can try until the next update solves this issue. Even I am using this same program and it does minimize any program to the tray. It is indeed a great alternative so that’s why I am recommending you all to have a look at this program and it will be definitely of great help for you. So I hope you have got the suggestions do have a look at it and I am sure it will be helpful for you.

I have got some steps for you make sure that you follow them correctly. So here goes the steps
    1) In the desktop First go to the blackberry open, now a blackberry software icon will appear
    2) Right click on that icon and then select shortcut, after that run minimized, now select advanced, then after that don’t forget to check the option of run as administrator.
    3) Thus the Blackberry desktop manager will proceed to backup and sync minimized.
    So do try that and I am sure it will be of great help for you.

I have got one interesting idea that I wanted to share it with you all. So what I would like to say is that recently when I got the BlackBerry Torch 9800 it had a feature on Desktop Manager called "Wi-Fi Music Sync. What this did was that it allowed the phone to sync with the system in a wireless network, so on activating that feature the desktop manager application did minimize to the system tray. So that’s what I have to say here, let me admit that its not a solution but just a general idea that I would like to share it with you all.

Hey thanks a lot people for giving so much solutions. It was indeed great that I did receive some good response on my side and I am happy that the solutions that I got were quite informative. So thanks a lot for that I did read all of them and one of them have suggested that it is worth waiting for the next update, I will definitely try with the methods and the suggestions and if none of them are working then the last option that is left before me is to wait and watch.