Thread: Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.0 is crashing

Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.0 is crashing

I am having Blackberry Bold 9780. And I have installed Blackberry Desktop Manager 5 from long time. I use this software to sync my blackberry mobile with my computer running 64 bit version of Windows 7. I am not sure but I think yesterday night my Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0 got updated to the latest version of Desktop Manager 6. After the update it has stopped working. Everytime I start the Desktop Manager it crashes without any warning. What would be the reason behind this unusual crashing of Desktop Manager? Does anyone know? Anyone with solution, please help me.

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.0 is crashing

You said that the problem started from today morning. And you are also not sure whether you have performed update on your Blackberry Desktop Manager or not. You should check whether your system is protected from virus or not. Always keep your antivirus updated so that your system is kept protected from the new viruses coming daily in the Internet world. You should scan your system and find out if you were recently attacked by any virus or malware. Always scan your complete system from time to time.

You should probably do system restore so that your system is rolled back to the point when your Blackberry Desktop Manager was working smoothly without any trouble. Remember to take backup of your important files, because everything that you have saved after the restore point will be complete lost from your system. You can perform system restore by navigating to the following path:
    START >> ALL PROGRAMS >> ACCESSORIES >> SYSTEM TOOLS >> SYSTEM RESTORE.
    System restore window will appear. Choose the date to which you want to perform system restore. Press Next and allow the system to restore the files. Once the system is done with its work, it will prompt for Restart. Restart your system and enjoy the Blackberry Desktop Window.

You should uninstall the Blackberry Desktop Manager and then try to reinstall it in your system. Don’t forget to delete all the files related to the desktop manager or the RIM Operating system. Restart your computer once you done with uninstallation. After restarting your computer, download the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager from the official site of Blackberry and install it in your system. Make sure that your are performing uninstallation and then reinstallation of the new setup after logging in from the Administrator account.

Thank you guys, for your quick replies. But unluckily nothing seems to be working for me. First I checked whether my Blackberry Device manager was updated last night or not. And I realized that it had got updated and only after that update the problem started. My system is always protected as I never switch off my antivirus. Also it is always updated and I perform complete scan of my system from time to time. Un-installing and then re-installing the software also did not helped me in any ways. It seems like the problem is with Blackberry Device Manager 6 only. Also I was not able to install all the files related to the device manager and the previous RIM Os. How to do that? I am still waiting for help.

You should turn off the hardware acceleration and check whether doing that resolves your problem or not. You can turn off the hardware acceleration by following these instructions (for Windows Vista and Windows 7):
    • Got to Start >> Control Panel >> Appearance and Personalization >> “Personalization” tab>> Adjust Screen Resolution.
    • Click on the Advanced Settings button on the Display Settings window.
    • On the (Default Monitor) and VMware SVGA II Properties window, select the Troubleshoot tab.
    • Select the Change settings button and then click on Continue button.
    • Reduce the Hardware Acceleration slider near the low notch and click OK.
    • Finally restart your computer.