Thread: In recovery mode Zen MicroPhoto frequently stuck.

In recovery mode Zen MicroPhoto frequently stuck.

My player is stuck in recovery mode, I removed my firmware to upgrade and now when I try to load the new firmware it tells me that I do not have a player connected. Can you help? I have not even used my player yet and it is already a paper weight. Please help me to solve this problem. I search it on many different websites but no success. Even I apply many other settings according to the manual but fail to work. Please help me. Thank you.

Re: In recovery mode Zen MicroPhoto frequently stuck.

Hello according to my knowledge first you have to disconnect your ZEN. And following that Go to regedit. And use HKLM. Then move to the system. And select Currentcontrolset and enum. And then choose usb. After that, give "everyone" full rights on the key. If there is no "everyone" group, add it. Remove the software. And then Re-install it. Re-boot your system. And agin connect your zen. And then Update firmware to version 1.20.x.x.x. and then it will runs. Do this I am sure it will work.

I have the same problem with my Zen micro. Tried to install firmware but the computer won't recognize my zen anymore (was working fine for 1.5 years until it suddenly went kaput). Could you explain again? About what to do. I got the whole reinstall software part; it's just the first part of your message that I didn't understand your settings. Can you please explain me the proper steps with the explanation? I am waiting for your reply. Thank you.

Thanks but that was no help at all, I have read that you can try it on a "fresh" Windows install but I do not have that option. This is a very common problem. I called to the technical support but no help, posted and sent a message to an Admin of the creative site but still no help, and even tried a bunch of the so called knowledge base options again but still no proper solution. Can someone here tell me how to fix this? All replies are appreciated.

Hi, I have exactly the similar difficulty. My Zen MP has never worked properly and I have to reload the latest firmware after every 2 or 3 charges. I am now stuck in recovery mode and cannot reload firmware as the computer cannot see the device when I try to connect. The firmware I have been loading up till now is ZENMicroPhoto_PCFW_L16_1_31_01.exe but I have also tried ZENMicroPhoto_PCFW_16_1_30_04.exe as well as the original ZenMicroPhotoP4S_PCFW_LB_1_20_01.exe.

I originate out that it was the registry editor - a bit scary and I wasn't going to play with that. I eventually found out that it was a serious problem with the hardware and got a replacement (very quickly and efficiently) from Creative as I was still within warranty. Hope you can do the same. You should have got information on warranty when you bought it with the user guide. I think it is 12 months from the date of purchase. I contacted Creative by email, explained the problem and they said it needed to be replaced. They emailed me a reference number and label and I sent it to them by recorded post.