Thread: Scratchy sound with Zen Vision M.

Scratchy sound with Zen Vision M.

I had my Zen vision m for about 4 months, and suddenly the player's sound became really scratchy. The sound is scratchy and barely audible, although you can hold the player at a certain angel, which stabilizes the sound a little. I notice that the sound changes when you move the player, making me think that it’s the disk problem. Changes in EQ, change earphones, disk clean up, does not work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you.

Re: Scratchy sound with Zen Vision M.

Hello I am facing similar kind of problem. I try to find about this on internet but I did not get proper solution on it. Even I contact with the Creative support center but they told me to check your system, settings. And I try with that but still this same problem is occurring. I hope that someone will suggest me the appropriate solution to solve this problem. I am waiting for your replies guys. All replies are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello according to my knowledge and experience it could be a difficulty with the headphone jack. Check the line-out audio. Did you test the sound using the A/V out on the dongle? Please try this and check this first. Some day before, I was facing similar kind of problem. And I resolve that with these settings. So I hope you can solve this easily. It’s not a big issue. Tyr this first and let me know about this. And if you find any other solution then share with us thank you.

Hello thank you for your quick response on my difficulty. According to your instructions I tried changing headphones, and line-out to an external speaker. But the sound is still scratchy. Even FM-radio is scratchy. I tried both the headphone jack and the A/V out on the dongle. But still no success. Can you please suggest me any other solution on it. I hope you will provide me proper solution on my query. I am waiting for your reply thank you.

Hello guys same problem with me. I think a quick way to find out if the problem is the jack is to connect the device to your computer and see if the sound is ok. If it is, my presumption is it's probably the jack. I have the similar problem with my Zen and it only occurs when using the jack. And even I follow the instructions from this post. But still I am not able to fix this problem. I hope I will get quick solution on this difficulty. Please help me.