Thread: Can the Zen be used while it is docked and charging through a USB cable

Can the Zen be used while it is docked and charging through a USB cable

Can the Zen be used while it is docked and charging through a USB cable (not the docking station)? My device simply displays a "docked" screen in the company of the USB symbol and arrows and won't let me function it while plugged within. I tried exiting out of Media Explorer on top of the PC, but I consider the drivers still stay loaded. My ultimate goal is to be able to watch movies or listen to music resting on a plane while plugged within and getting power using the USB cable to a laptop.

Re: Can the Zen be used while it is docked and charging through a USB cable

I would second the motion that the vzm should allow additional make use of while docked. I said "additional use" for the reason that you are able to actually play music that is located resting on the zvm on your computer however it obviously plays during the computer's sound system. And a number of folks have noted that you cannot use an usb-adapter charger type device, since the Zen either does not charge or another time, goes into docking mode.

I just plugged mine within the desktop usb cable. It demonstrates the docking arrows and then the prompt box inquire me what I want to do with it. MTP Player: Organize Media, Sync in the company of Media Monkey or Take No Action. Choosing no action closes the box other than the docking arrows are still viewing. I even plugged in the earphones to observe if that might modify its behavior. Clearly, there must be a technique to turn off docking, then? But the Task Tray does not demonstrate the Zen to disable or remove like some usb devices.

You just necessitate to close the entire those applications that could be interacting through the device moreover in the foreground or background. One thing you might like to ensure is Media Source. Go to Media Source settings selection and put out of action the device detector characteristic. CTDetect is the device detection feature that I was telling you about in Media Source. If you put out of action that device detection option in Media Source and apply it, CTDetect will be removed instantly.

It was the Sync Manager, which reserved on docking the Player. However I stopped that running on startup, so at the moment I am capable of play my Zen Vision M while plugged in through the USB, which is outstanding. If I right click on a file on my computer, and permit the mouse to move over the send to selection, it will scan in support of devices and Dock my Vision M, then undock it and display the normal list of A:\ E-Mail etc. The problem is, that it docks and undocks my Vision M, which stops playback and jumps it back stopped to the beginning of the MP3 that was playing at the time.

Have a seem on eBay for a PSP USB and Charge lead they sell for about £3 just plug the power hooked on the connector resting on the vision: M and it will charge it up; you are able to then make use of it as you usually would. Hopefully you've in addition reported this bug to CL technical support. Through WMP11 and Vista at the moment in RTM state; I'd articulate starting in last week most latest systems will come loaded with these. If it's a Vista machine you won't have a choice. WMP11 will be it, WMP10 won't install on Vista!