Thread: Creative Zen Touch replacement harddisk

Creative Zen Touch replacement harddisk

I bought a creative zen touch (20GB) MP3 player about one year ago. My harddisk crashed while copying mp3's from PC to the player. Now I want to replace the crashed harddisk myself instead of sending it to Creative for repair, because the warrant expired and because I don't want to pay Creative extra for delivering me a player that crashed, while it was used as it should! I know how fragile harddisk are, and took good care of my player. All this to see it crash, probably because of a software error in the Nomad Explorer application, while copying MP3's (and isn't that what an MP3-player is for?)

Re: Creative Zen Touch replacement harddisk

I know the 1.8" harddisk used in the player is a Hitachi Travelstar C4K40 (20GB), and replacing the harddisk won't be a problem, but I can't find these harddisks anywhere! And I can't use another HDD because they probably wouldn't fit. Does creative have these in stock? Or could someone let me know if there are other harddisks that fit the Zen Touch 20GB? I searched internet (in europe) and can't find a shop that still has this old 1.8" harddisk in stock. Hitachi already has newer 1.8" harddisks with different size and differently placed screw holes so those can't be used.

These are the models that correspond to the Hitachi Travelstar C4K40 20GB specifications, the harddisk used in the Creative Zen Touch MP3 player:
    - HTC424020F7AT00 (C4K40 20GB)
    - HTC426030G7AT00 (C4K60 30GB)
    - HTC426020G7AT00 (C4K60 20GB)
    Does anyone know a shop that still sells these? Can Creative hook me up with one of these??? As they should have them in stock for repairs, right? The newest 1.8" Hitachi hdd's (C4K60 Slim) which are available at every shop in my neighborhood can't be used as they have a ZIF connector instead of an IDE connector.

Unfortunately Creative cannot sell individual components of our players; we can only have them repaired when you send them in. However I'm sure others here could help you, or perhaps you'll find some threads if you search the forums. (Hint, use Google, or at least the forum search function.) I'm pretty sure many others here have changed their own.

Re: Creative Zen Touch replacement body

Hello, I realise I'm very late on the scene for this thread but I have only recently started encountering problems with mine after the volume control switch broke.

I am looking to buy a spare body with working parts.

The hard drive and battery are both in good working order hence why I do not want to throw it away.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There is no site on web which offer this. You have to contact creative for that. They can provide you a proper fix for the same. If the mp3 players is out of warranty then you will need to pay charge for the fix. As the player is not so popular it is not possible to find the exact body. But you can find cover or case for this easily.