Thread: Blackberry Desktop Manager MSI missing

Blackberry Desktop Manager MSI missing

Hi I have blackberry phone and I need to connect my black berry phone with my pc but it requires desktop manager. I have installed black berry desktop manger in my pc but when I open the desktop manager at that time one window pop up of window installer which looking for 8310 MSI in my TEMP folder. I have tried all required steps for it but I didn’t get result for that if anyone knows proper steps to solve this problem then please let me know please reply me.

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager MSI missing

I have gone through your problem in blackberry desktop manager some time it happens that windows lost MSI files at the time of cleaning temporary files because of that some time desktop manager face problem while starting the application because of that missing MSI file and to restore that window installer pop up and it tries to search same file in our pc. To solve this you first uninstall the desktop manager and install it again after that you desktop manager will work normally.

Thank you for your reply as you said to reinstall the application I have tried this also I have tried to desktop manager V 4.2, desktop manager V4.6 . even I have removed and installed OS 4.2 and OS 4.5 it also doesn’t work for me. I have also removed registry entries and also tried by deleting RIM folders but non of the solutions works. After that I tried to uninstall desktop software updater but I got that window installer window. Now please tell me what to for this problem.

Normally the EXE file for desktop manager we use it extracts to TEMP folder and then it start installing form there because of that the MSI required for setup is extracted in TEMP folder which can be deleted easily ow try these steps to solve this problem.
    • To extract the exe file you downloaded use winrar or winzip.
    • Now extract it to sub folder with same name as exe. Now from that sub folder run blackberry set up.
    • By doing this you will not face any problem. And you will be able to run the application without any error.

I have bought Blackberry I was just checking all the things in phone all the things was fine but after that I open my pc and I start the installing desktop manager its giving a message showing that specified path VZ Access Manager.MSI is not found. When connect the phone with my computer it also does not recognize my phone. I don’t know what to do with this problem if is there anyone having proper solution for this problem then please let me know with proper steps.