Thread: Firmware Error on Zen micro

Firmware Error on Zen micro

I do not consider what caused it but I think I dropped my zen micro. Anyways, I tried restarting it and it re-builded its library but suddenly it said "Firmware Error". I checked this site, and obviously I had to reinstall the firmware. So, I put it into recovery mode and choose "reinstall firmware" or whatever it says. I started reinstalling it but then there was a problem as during reinstalling it restarts itself and then it rebuilds its library and shows "firmware error" again. Because of that, it can only reinstall the firmware halfway. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Re: Firmware Error on Zen micro

The option that you have tried will only load the OS again inside Recovery Mode will wipe the firmware; it will not refresh it or put the firmware back on. You have to connect the player to the PC again and load a firmware update for it. This is the best way to do the update. I don’t know any other way for that as I only do by that way and I am sure that it will do it without any problem for you as well.

Yes, that's what I am doing and that explanation might been a bit confusing. What I am doing is taking out the battery and putting it in again to get to recovery mode. I have to take the battery out in order to get to recovery mode, and taking out the battery does also mean that the ZM needs to rebuild its library at next startup. I press reinstall firmware, and plug it into the usb cable, which is connected to my computer. I start the firmware reinstall from the computer, but halways in the installation the player reboots itself, as it is supposed to. But since it has been rebooted, it starts rebuilding its library, and the firmware error shows again. Because of the firmware error i can't complete the firmware-reinstallation.

You can try this. Disconnect the player from the computer first and enter the player recovery mode, follow by choosing the option Format All (Note, this option will remove all content in the player). Let the format process complete and then run it again. Meaning two format in a row. After the process is completed, run the Reload Firmware/OS option and connect your player back to the computer. Now run the firmware you have downloaded into the computer. If it still fails to work after all this, your player could simply be faulty and your best course of action is to contact Customer Support for service.

I had a similar problem as mentioned above. Now, though, every time I turn my zen micro (5gb,2years old) on, it displays 'firmware problem' and goes into recovery mode. When I connect it to a computer it goes into the sync screen with 'recovery mode' shown at the top of the screen. The problem is I can't seem to install the firmware. Every time I try to install it my computer says 'your player is not connected, please connect your player. All the recovery mode options haven't work.

I would much appreciate advice with a similar problem as described by others in the forum but I haven't seen a solution that worked for me. We had problems with 'irregular behavior' of a Zen Micro Photo, probably starting with a battery slowly dying. We tried to work with the recovery console then format and then downloaded the latest firmware and tried to upgrade firmware. While WIN XP system does recognize the device, by name etc. the firmware exe file does NOT recognize it is connected. - I tried to kill the device driver before clicking on the upgrade EXE file, but no success. Can you suggest anything else to get the Micro Photo to work again?