Thread: Zen Mosaic is not Responding

Zen Mosaic is not Responding

I am having the Zen Mosaic for me and was having greate fun with that but I don’t know that what happened to that. Suddenly it stopped responding to any of my clicks on that. It gets on and after that everything stays stuck on the rebuilding bit. Its looks very strange but it’s true. Is there anyone who has faced the same or know the way to resolve that. If yes then please let me know that.

Re: Zen Mosaic is not Responding

I think that the problem is referring to the EZ Mozaic, which does not have a sliding on/off switch. Another design difference from the original Mozaic that makes no sense along with the black buttons on the black player. you can reboot, upgrade but it will not make the Mozaic EZ300 work properly. S I have tried everything from the recovery tool to Internet forums and I'm still sitting here with an expensive paperweight. I just left my addition to the "Open Letter to Creative" post. This player is a dog and Creative needs to come up with a solution. They are going to lose a lot of customers, and it's not just problems with this specific player.

I am also having the same problem and I haven’t had this player for long. It’s a mosaic EZ300 and it freezes at rebuilding every time it turns on, even after reset. I let it die completely and then charge and reset again and it still won’t work. Can u fix this problem or get me one that works at least? I have searched on google for this but not found the solution that can resolve this.

It is not only you who is facing this problem. There are many of the other users who are having the same trouble. My Zen Mozaic EZ 100 8GB is also not responding. It is fully charged it two days ago and didn´t use it since then. Today I got a new pair of headphones and wanted to try them but the Player does not start. The Creative screen comes up, followed by the ZEN screen and then it freezes. My PC can´t detect it, so recovery tool is no good at all. Also pressing the back button at the start up is not working.

I am having EZ300. When booting up, it shows the Zen-logo and after a while turns off. Any attempt to use the recovery mode has been unsuccessful. When plugged into computer Windows recognizes the drive as an unknown drive for the instant it notices something is wrong and drops the drive from my computer list. Then it founds it again while the player has the Scanning Disk-logo running. When Windows drops the drive from My Computer the player screen goes black. Scanning Disk-logo appears again when Windows recognizes the player. This cycle lasts for about 10 seconds which repeats itself for infinity.

This sounds like a problem with the drive or computer software. If the unit is still comparatively new, try to exchange. That seems like the easiest way to check things out. Otherwise it may drive you crazy trying to figure out where the problem is. If the exchange unit responds similarly, I'd say you may need to update your Windows.

It took two days of trial and error, but this worked for me.

First shut it down your Zen with the reset button on the side.

Then:
    1. turn on the player -with the bottom right side button.
    2. when the creative logo appears, press and hold the "back" button, top left side, at same time you holding the "on button"
    3. That should bring up some options: format, cleanup, reboot. Select cleanup, press the center button (I'm not sure this is absolutely necessary, but it's what I did). Next move down to the "reboot" option and press the center button.
    4. After a short delay, the "rebuilding" progressed to the end and finished. The player then opened with nothing lost, and so far appears to be functional.
    5. If that doesn't work, my guess is that you can select "format" and then reload you items. (If formatting is necessary, you can first attach the player to your computer and select the ZEN device among your computer hard drives, open it, and copy the files to a new desktop folder that you can use to reseed the player if it becomes necessary to wipe the content. (I didn't get this far because it wasn't necessary, but I think that's the option of last resort.)

Hope this helps. Good luck.

YOU ARE GOD!!!! I bow to you faithfully! This has been an issue with my EZ 100 for 5 months!!!!! Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJpeds View Post
    It took two days of trial and error, but this worked for me.

First shut it down your Zen with the reset button on the side.

Then:
    1. turn on the player -with the bottom right side button.
    2. when the creative logo appears, press and hold the "back" button, top left side, at same time you holding the "on button"
    3. That should bring up some options: format, cleanup, reboot. Select cleanup, press the center button (I'm not sure this is absolutely necessary, but it's what I did). Next move down to the "reboot" option and press the center button.
    4. After a short delay, the "rebuilding" progressed to the end and finished. The player then opened with nothing lost, and so far appears to be functional.
    5. If that doesn't work, my guess is that you can select "format" and then reload you items. (If formatting is necessary, you can first attach the player to your computer and select the ZEN device among your computer hard drives, open it, and copy the files to a new desktop folder that you can use to reseed the player if it becomes necessary to wipe the content. (I didn't get this far because it wasn't necessary, but I think that's the option of last resort.)

Hope this helps. Good luck.