Thread: Excessive rebuilding with my Zen MX 16 gig player.

Excessive rebuilding with my Zen MX 16 gig player.

I own a Zen mx 16 gig. The player receives about 5 minutes to restructure library each time I revolve it on. Is this usual? I tried upgrading firmware, cleanup, & rebooting. This is extremely irritating & makes the player appealing much useless for using in the car. I can't be messing through the player every time I turn it off & back on. Please help me to solve this problem? I am not able to understand where the problem is located. All replies are appreciated. Any advice? thanks

Re: Excessive rebuilding with my Zen MX 16 gig player.

No, it's not usual for the player to rebuild the library each time you turn it on. What type of music files do you include within the player? Are these slashed from cds using the bundled software? Which memory card do you contain? Could you take away all the songs in the memory card and put back it through songs ripped using the Creative Central software? If you are still experiencing this rebuilding problem, for this you have to contact Customer Support.

I tried to loaded music files beginning from iTunes music folder. It appears to work very well when using internal memory. Difficulty takes place when I play music from memory card. I’m using a transcend 16 gig SD memory card. The music plays rightly, other than takes a long time (about 5 minutes) to rebuild. Whenever I turn player off & back on. Another time, the internal memory files don't demonstrate this difficulty. Please help me. Thank you.

I am facing the same problem with my new player. I tried two types of Cards (1GB, 8 GB) on my MX. Makes no difference, for some reason it seems to think it is a new card and start rebuilding the library, over and over again. Just not funny, got nothing to do with formatting or whatever, I should say. I try to find about this on internet but still I am not able to find appropriate information regarding to this problem. Can anyone tell me about this? All replies are appreciated.

I'm having the similar difficulty, I've tried the whole thing on my side included the technique suggested in this thread. I Formatted (Quick format) a 4GB Kingston SDHC Card through Windows Explorer (Vista Ultimate SP 1 32-bit) while I couldn't find a technique of formatting it through the player. (Is there any?) Ripped a CD through Centrale, the ripping process went perfectly, the tag editor was huge, and the CD was ripped straight to the card. No matter what I perform every time I try to access the memory card I'm asked to rebuild the library above and over, it's awfully irritating, I imagine those through SD cards with greater capacity be supposed to be going through a real nightmare. I totally belief Creative Labs, and I'm sure these kinds of troubles could be fixed through firmware.

Has there been some update on this from Creative. I raised the similar question with them using email and received the answer to update my firmware. Additional discussion through email has recommended this is a 'feature' of the player. From my point of sight this makes the player impractical and likely to be going back. I make use of the player in the house usually however it would be quicker to boot up my pc and play the music from there than attempt to play music from the SD card resting on my MX. Surely if the data has not changed you would not desire to rebuild. Is it not possible to play whatever was there last time if the users choose No to the rebuild option? If actually hoping for several sort of response on this. I'm extremely disappointed with my Zen MX at the moment.

When I proverb the Zen MX I previously suspected that there was something dissimilar about it, being the name, being cheaper. Vision: M was also a lesser version of the Vision. I not at all take advertisements serious; instead I look at condition and reviews. So to me it was quite clear that it was a slimmed down description. But for the people who just buy it later than some cheap salesman talk, it must be a real dissatisfaction. But hey it plays music, and if you merely make use of the memory card for those huge CMV video files then I guess the rebuilding time would also be lower (less files to index).