Thread: How to fix broken touchpad of Blackberry Curve 8520

How to fix broken touchpad of Blackberry Curve 8520

I purchased Blackberry Curve 8520 last month and I am really enjoying its features. But sometimes I face this weird problem. The touchpad has started malfunctioning. I am able to click but unable to move the cursor properly in any direction. I am unable to find out what must be causing this behavior of my Blackberry Curve 8520 touchpad. Does anyone know the reason behind this? If anyone has got solution for my problem then please help me. Suggestions will be appreciated as I desperately want to fix this problem.

Re: How to fix broken touchpad of Blackberry Curve 8520

The touchpad responds to the touch of your finger. Remember that a high sensitivity level will require less pressure as compared to lower sensitivity level. According to me you must be facing touchpad sensitivity issue. So I would recommend you to change the sensitivity of your touchpad. Perform the following steps to change the sensitivity of your touchpad.
    • Click on the Home button to enter the Home screen of your mobile.
    • Search for the Options icon and click on it.
    • Now select Screen/Keyboard.
    • Here you can set the Horizontal Sensitivity and Vertical Sensitivity fields as per your convenience.
    • Press the Menu key and save your changed settings by clicking on Save.

Thanks for the reply but I had mentioned in my earlier thread itself that I am unable to move the touchpad in any direction, just can click. I did not try the above suggestion as my touchpad has completely jammed up, so I really don’t know whether it will work or not. The touchpad seems to be in no mood to respond. This freezing touchpad is really driving me crazy now. I am not even able to click unlock. Somebody please help me and free me from this problem.

I also faced this problem with my Blackberry Curve 8520 few months back. After searching many forums and websites for help on this matter, finally I was able to get rid of freezing problems with my touchpad also. You just need to do these few simple steps.
    • Remove the Battery, SIM card and memory card.
    • You will find a metal part which is present on the exact same place where the touchpad is.
    • Simply push it and check whether the touchpad is back to its best or not.

Finally I have found a fix for this problem
    • Just open the rear cover and remove the battery and the SIM card. You will find a small rectangular stainless steel plate which is covering the touchpad.
    • Remove the trox screw that holds the plate with the help of torx screwdriver.
    • Remove the metal plate carefully.
    • Reinsert the plate and the screws but this time tighten the torx screws.
    • Sometime the touchpad don’t work properly if these screws are loose, as the touchpad won’t be getting proper padding.
    • Just be careful not to lose any of the tiny torx screw while you are performing the following method.

The best solution for solving your problem probably would be to contact the nearest Blackberry Center and get an appointment fixed to get your blackberry mobile replaced or either repaired. As you have purchased it recently, you must get the benefits of having your mobile under warranty. If you are having the original bill of your mobile phone then the replacement or repair will be free of cost or else it will charge you which will be minimum. It is better you don’t open your mobile by yourself, because that will void your warranty and you may end up spoiling other parts and features as well.