Thread: Blackberry Desktop Manager is not synchronizing with Outlook 2007

Blackberry Desktop Manager is not synchronizing with Outlook 2007

Hi, I recently purchased my Blackberry Bold 9780. I have been trying to synchronize it with Microsoft Outlook 2007 from a while now, but am unable to do so. No option to link with the Outlook appears when I try to synchronize my mobile phone with the Outlook 2007. I am unable to rectify the problem which must be causing this. Does anyone know about the problem and solutions to rectify them then please help me. Your suggestions are desperately needed. Suggestions will be appreciated. I wish to set up synchronization between the Outlook 2007 and the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager is not synchronizing with Outlook 2007

Before doing anything make sure that you have logged in to your system by using the Administrator account. You should probably uninstall the Blackberry Desktop Manager software setup installed in your system and then reinstall it further to rectify the problem. Remember to disable the antivirus before installing the BlackBerry Desktop Software. Sometimes it may happen that antivirus or antimalware can hamper the functioning of the Blackberry Desktop Manager software. Also reboot your system whenever it is prompted to do the same.

Thanks for quick reply. But unfortunately it is not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled Blackberry Desktop Manager software many time in my system but nothing seems to be working for me now and I am unable to solve this problem. My system is running Microsoft XP, Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.01 and Microsoft Outlook 2007 as default email. The only thing coming into my mind is either to get rid of my mobile or give it back and replace it with something better. I am still hoping to get a solution for my query. So somebody please help me in this matter. Thank you in advance.

Perform the following methods to synchronize Blackberry Desktop Manager with Outlook 2007.
    • By using the Add/Remove Program, remove your device OS update package from your system.
    • Perform clean uninstallation of the RIM Desktop Manager software.
    • Download the latest available version of the RIM Desktop Manager Software in your system.
    • Install the Latest version of Desktop Manager software.
    • Download the OS package of your Blackberry model form the official website of Blackberry.
    • Install your devices OS package.
    • Now configure organizer applications to perform synchronization

I performed the following steps to get rid of the trouble:
    • You must remember to perform a clean removal of DTM by doing so:
    • Remove Blackberry Desktop Manager by using the usual add/remove programs
    • Then you should delete all the Research in Motion directories.
    • Go to the following registry entry and delete all the RIM entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\.
    • You can reach the above location by navigating to the following path: START >> Run >> Type “regedit” on the text field and hit Enter. Click on the plus sign to enter the directory.

If this is also not solving your problem then you must do as follows:
    • Correct the Outlook registry entries by inserting the Microsoft Office CD and run a ‘Repair’.
    • Now reinstalled the blackberry Desktop Manager and outlook will be there in your Available Desktop Applications.

Follow these steps to configure Synchronization for Blackberry Desktop Manager:
    • Use the USB cord (cable) to connect your BlackBerry phone to your computer.
    • If you had installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager in your computer then start it.
    • Select the Synchronize option in the Main Menu
    • Select the Synchronization link below the Configure link on the left side, and click on the Synchronization button.
    • Now you will be prompted to configure your synchronization. Tick or check the application checkboxes you want to synchronize and click OK.
    • Now select the application in your computer to which you want to synchronize with, such as Outlook 2007 and click NEXT button.
    • Select the direction of Synchronization between the device and the computer and click NEXT.
    • Follow the on screen information and finally click on Finish button.