Thread: Title bar, minimize, maximized and close buttons Are locked in Internet Explorer 9

Title bar, minimize, maximized and close buttons Are locked in Internet Explorer 9

Internet Explorer was working fine till yesterday but from today morning it has started behaving strangely. I am unable to move the window by dragging the title bar. Now is the Maximum, Minimum and close buttons are working. The only way I am able to move the window is by using the taskbar icon. The only thing that seems to be working is Resizing the borders of the window. I am not able to find out the reason behind the problem. If anyone got any solution related to my problem then please help me. Suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Title bar, minimize, maximized and close buttons Are locked in Internet Explorer 9

As you said that the problem occurred all of a sudden today morning, there is a strong possibility that you must have been attacked by some sort of virus or malware or some Trojan. I would recommend you to perform a complete system scan to detect if any virus exists or not. Always remember to keep your antivirus updated so that your system is always protected from future attacks from viruses. Also make a point to perform system scan every now and then so that you will be knowing about your virus threat to your PC.

Re: Title bar, minimize, maximized and close buttons Are locked in Internet Explorer 9

Your Internet Explorer 9 must have got corrupted so it would be better if you uninstall it and reinstall a fresh setup of Internet Explorer 9 in your system. It would be better if you download the latest version of Internet Explorer from the official website of Microsoft and install that setup. By doing so, you will prevent yourself from downloading any random file from Internet which can sometimes be virus also. Remove all the files of previous installation and then reinstall the new one. Restart your system whenever it is prompted.

Thank you guys for your posts but sorry to say that these methods did not help me. I always update my antivirus and no virus or anything infectious was detected after performing the complete system scan with the update antivirus. I uninstalled and reinstalled the new Internet Explorer 9 many times, but everytime the same problem existed. Now I am getting really frustrated with this unusual behavior of IE9. I am planning to get rid of it permanently and shift to some other Internet browser. Still if somebody has got some solution the please help me.

I also faced this problem sometimes back and after lots of research and reading reviews and forums on Internet I came across 1 good solution that has worked for me. You just need to delete the following files:
    • Click on the Start menu and then click on RUN
    • Type “regedit” in the text field and hit enter.
    • Goto to the following path by clicking on + sign to enter the folder:
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser
    • Delete all the keys except the Default one.
    • Close Registry Editor and restart your system.

You should start Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode and check if this method fixes your problem or not. You need to do the following to start Internet Explorer without add-ons,
    • Click on the Start button, and Go to All Programs.
    • Select Accessories, and then click on System Tools.
    • Now Click on Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) to start internet explorer without add-ons.

If the problem is solved after you disable all the add-ons then you will probably need the add-on Manager. With the use of add-on Manager, you can disable all add-ons and then turn them on again whenever you need them. This will help you to rectify clearly which add-on is creating trouble for you.