Thread: Cannot stream music from my windows phone 7

Cannot stream music from my windows phone 7

Recently I have started facing this particular problem with my Zune. Whenever I try to stream music from my Zune by using my Zune Pass Account, this error message “Can’t play. Try signing with your Windows Live ID or try syncing again” is displayed. Everything seems to be working fine till yesterday. This problem started from last 1 day. I am unable to find out the cause of this problem. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? Suggestions would be appreciated. Somebody please help me.

Re: Cannot stream music from my windows phone 7

Make sure that you have setup your Windows Live ID. Follow these steps:
    • Go to Settings > E-mails and accounts in your Windows Phone 7
    • To add an ID to your Phone, click on the “Add an account” option.
    • Now Select Windows Live to add a new Windows Live ID account to your Windows mobile phone 7.
    • Now the phone is in setup with the Windows Live ID.

Also check your Wi-Fi connection speed. Make sure your connection is not hampering the streaming of songs or videos in your device.

Thanks for the suggestion. I made the Windows Live ID and added it to the Windows Phone 7 but still I am not able to solve the problem. Still I am getting the same error message when I try to stream music or videos. But I am active on my Zune Pass Subscription. I am able to download music by using my credits. I am even able to check how much credits are available in my account from my phone. The only problem is when I start streaming. Please someone help me. Suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I also faced this problem a while back. And after lots of researching on Internet I came across this good and simple solution. I performed a soft reset of my system. I just turned off the phone and removed the battery of the phone out for few seconds. After that I just rearranged everything and restarted the device. From that day till today, luckily I have not faced the error again. But remember that not all of the songs will stream smoothly. Removing the battery clears the RAM. So there must be some memory issues which is causing the buffering problem.

Same issue was faced by me. I taught of trying the soft reboot, but as I have got a Focus, there is a chance of me destroying me case and thereby spoiling my device. So I decide to choose something which is less risky. I read about this method at some forum and tried it. And to my surprise it worked wonders with me. You just need to stop syncing your email with your phone, the email address which you have associated with my Zune account. Just go to Settings >> email & accounts >> Windows Live >> and uncheck the "content to sync email." checkbox. These few simple steps an you will again enjoy streaming.

Thank you friends for giving me the solution for my problem so quickly. You and your solutions were really a life saver. Removing the sync with content of the attached email did not worked for me properly. After I disabled the sync, I was able to stream few music and video files and that to with a very slow rate. So I decided to give the other solution a try. And luckily it did the trick for me. Now the streaming rate is same as before, when I had newly purchased and installed Zune. I am looking forward to this forum for more help in future. Once again, Thanks a lot.