Thread: Lots of bugs in Airplay after upgrading with latest iOS

Lots of bugs in Airplay after upgrading with latest iOS

I am apple fan I can say, because I have an iPad, an iPod Touch and a new 2nd generation Apple TV. I have upgraded the whole thing to newest iOS. Attempting to utilize Airplay and here is a list of troubles encountered,
    1. Streaming music- worked well for 15 minutes after that quit
    2. Streaming applications (find out channel HD), while I click small Airplay icon it pops up a option of my Apple TV 4 times (why while I just have 1 ATV?) 2 have a TV symbol and 2 has a satellite dish symbol. Not any of them look to work even while checked off.
    3. Jerky playback- I in fact got it up and running for about 10 seconds and after that lost the whole thing. Didn't play back on TV and caused sound to be mute on iPad. No elegant way out, had to reboot iPad.

Please help me solve this annoying issue.

Re: Lots of bugs in Airplay after upgrading with latest iOS

Your Internet connection shouldn't stuff, but your wireless system could be the trouble. Good things: A router which handles 5GHz wireless connections plus 2.4GHz, no signal strength problems because of interference or unnecessary distance to router from connected wireless devices. Terrible things: For a wireless motion due to very active wireless devices, out-of-router today, too many 2.4GHz wireless connections (it is sure to connect the Apple TV 2 in 5GHz wireless or Ethernet, if possible).

Earlier than the upgrade to iOS 4.3, all my devices were OK through Airplay to stream my music through my Airport. Now, Airplay looks to collide after a moment. I don't think that my network is in cause as I have distorted not anything apart from this dim upgrade on my iPhone 3GS and iPad. My other iPhone on iOS 4.2.1 works well with Airplay. So Apple repairs it please as we can't demote to the earlier iOS without many manipulations.

I as well upgraded to 4.3 and got the similar trouble. I utilize Airport Extreme and airport express as network, and while I got the trouble I upgraded the network firmware, but it did not assist, so I went back to my iPad, and it appears to me that iPod are having a trouble staying connected to the network later than upgrading to iOS 4.3. So I tried it with the sound from YouTube, and so far the disconnection trouble does not emerge with other media.

I was having the similar problems later than downloading the novel software. No communication among iTunes account, AppleTV, iPhone or iPad with home sharing turned on. Just solution that worked for me was to unplug and reboot my router. Later than router was rebooted, all devices documented each other and airplay sign was exhibited on both iPad and iPhone. As well, iTunes was of course documented by Apple TV too. Now Airplay working again. Hope this helps.

I am as well experiencing main problems with Airplay, going from "bad" to "better" through the last few iOS updates. Both my iDevices (iPhone4 and AppleTV 2010) are advanced OS-wise, up till now my iPod application declines to "see" and/or "wake-up" my ATV. This problem, at first irregular, is now orderly and has extended to my other applications, going thus far as to eliminate my ability to even Airplay audio content. The airplay sign will come on incidents but the ATV will at a standstill not play the content. Just the Remote application remains able to link to it (the majority of the time: there have been a few connectivity problems there too).