Thread: What is "_PAlbTn" in Mobile phone?

What is "_PAlbTn" in Mobile phone?

I connected my phone to the system and was just opening the Images folder to check out some images and then I suddenly found out that then I found out that there is this "_PAlbTn" in Images Folder .I have found out that it has also image files similar to images found in the images folder but when I try to view some of the pictures found in _PAlbTn folder it just shows a picture that has large pixel, and make it unclear. So can you please tell me what I need to do to solve this issue?

Re: What is "_PAlbTn" in Mobile phone?

I just had a look at the issue that is being put up and would tell you that the _PAlbTn folder contains the pictures that are stored in the phone or memory card. But these pictures are stored in the reduced pixel format. They are actually the replicas of the images stored in your phone. So actually you don’t have to worry much about this as this is not really a big issue. It just helps you to view the images in some other formats with lower pixels.

I completely agree with the solution that is being provided earlier. I would say that when you check out the view of your pictures that are stored in the memory card or the phone with help of an image viewer or the gallery, then the gallery will access this folder to make it easier and faster to show the images. So basically it just does this and nothing else. So as stated earlier you don’t have to worry about it as there won’t be a problem with it.

I would add to this that this is where the phone stores the thumbnail View of the Images in Phone. Or you also include the thumbnail View of the Images in memory card as well. Also I would say that this folder is not mandatory and you can delete it if you want. This is because a new one is made the next time you will try to watch the image. So this is what this folder is all about and this is not a king of virus that had entered your system.

I would say that this folder depends on the various phones as well. I feel that you can’t access them as it is a different format. So it actually all depends on the phone. The series 40 doesn’t make that folder. And I have seen that the series60 along with the E series phones just open make this. But in general I would say that you don’t have worry much about it and then you can just view the images as usual.

Even I was suffering from similar kind of issue and the _PAlbTn appeared on my phones as well. I have Nokia N70 with me and when I connect the phone to the system the folder just comes up. Also when I try to access the memory card on my computer via card reader the same thing takes place. When I opened the folder I was a bit worried and then what I found was that some of my pictures are there and I can't access them. So can anyone help me out on this issue?

Thanks a lot for the solution that you have provided and i just went through all of them. When I initially saw the error I thought that there was some kind of virus that has entered my system. But now looking at the solutions I feel that I don’t have to worry much. Also removing it won’t matter much because as stated it will just pop up again. So I would like to thank you for the solutions that you have provided which has helped to fix the issue that I was facing.