Thread: Is it worth to spend extra money on Apple iPad 2 3G

Is it worth to spend extra money on Apple iPad 2 3G

I am expecting delivery of the 32 GB WI-FI iPad 2 last day. The iPad will be in the home the majority of time, and if I ever necessitate checking the net external I can utilize my phone. I would have liked 3G but for 100 Euros, I don't think the price can be necessary. I really not understand what to do and how to solve this unknown trouble. What do you guys think? Please provide me your suggestion and ideas about this.

Re: Is it worth to spend extra money on Apple iPad 2 3G

I thought the similar as you, and lastly I took the 3G. As I will utilize it for 99% in my home, I purchased this version (32GB+3G) as while I go on holiday I acquire a SIM card for 1 months so I at a standstill can check my mail. As well, who knows I might utilize it in the future for my work. As well the 3G has the GPS installed, which is good if you travel, even though I will utilize my PDA in my car. And if I will sell it possibly one day, I will get extra for it (I guess). At a standstill I personally think it is worth the wealth.

Here I also add something regarding this case. I might be a slight parcel to the 3G model because I have the unlimited plan. But I can inform you later than having the 3G I would not be able to go to a WIFI just model. If they ever did left with the unlimited plan I would at a standstill purchase a 3G. Plus with the 3G you acquire a built in GPS I know that's no major concern but one time I think you experienced 3G for a short time you get stained.

I don't have a smart phone so 3G is significant to me while on holiday or away from WIFI for periods of time. Over the course of the lot of years I will own my iPad; it's worth it to me to acquire the 3G. Having said that, I would like to ask a query to those of you who do join your iPhone’s utilizing the added tether costs from ATT, Verizon or whoever. I know you pay an additional $20 or so per month, but is this a month to month agreement? Or do you have to enroll to a tether plan for a year? Can you recruit for the added plan on your iPhone for a month, after that disable until a number of months into the future and stimulate again (if yes, are there additional activation fees)?

For me, its no. I don't have an irresistible need or advice to be tied to a network at all times (nor does any longing to pay a service provider any more than I previously for phone service). Two of my main uses are reading book and listening to music, both of which I can perform off-line. In addition, I have not at all had a problem finding Wi-Fi hotspots while I require one. But, it is a personal conclusion based on balancing needs, wants and budget.

Our iPad will be in the house the majority of the time and if I do settle on to endure it out or on holiday, I will just fill it with books/ videos to keep me amused. The majority people have mobile phones these days if they want to check email, and so on. Can the iPad just be tethered to iPhone’s because I have a non-apple phone? I for myself don't think it is worth the additional 100 Euros, I think the iPad's are expensive but I am going to get as much utilize out of it as probable. Who knows, I might alter my mind and decide it is worth it and possibly I will go for 3G next time, but at the present in time I feel truly awful for expending so much on the iPad 32GB WIFI, I don't think I could live with myself if I spent in excess of 500 Euros on the iPad while I could acquire a very decent laptop/desktop for that price.