Thread: Can’t stream MKV files on Xbox 360

Can’t stream MKV files on Xbox 360

Well I am facing some issues while streaming the MKV files on the Xbox 360. I don’t why it is happening so but whenever I am trying to have a go at it then it gives me an error but unable to load the video file. The error that I am getting is “Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly”. So please let me know what I can do to solve this issue actually it is not normal in any sense. So please help me out of the same.

Re: Can’t stream MKV files on Xbox 360

The first thing that I want you to do here is that just restart the windows media center and then see whether it works for you or not because it happens that sometimes it is unable to give any response to use and if after restarting the media center doesn’t help you then I want you to just see whether it is possible you to turn off the system itself and then restart it again. I am sure at least doing this will be a worth for you.

Have you installed the Direct x on your system if not then immediately install the latest version of the same on your system and then see how it goes. I want you to do this because the same is the problem that was faced by me and after the installation of Direct x the issue was gone and I was able to open the MKV files. I hope this thing will definitely work for you and you can then have a go at it that is view the videos you want.

I have gone through the problem that is being faced by you and it seems to me that I can help you out of the same. Now what you have to do here is that just try and install the Div x codec’s on your system and then see whether the video can be streamed on the system. I hope this will definitely work for you and if it isn’t then you need to just make sure of updating the one which is already installed on the system that you are using,

First of all thank you very much for considering my issues and also spending the valuable time of yours to provide the proper replies. I have installed the latest codec’s on the system and the problem was automatically solved. And now I am able to stream the video whichever needed by me and I guess it wouldn’t have possible without the solution of yours.