Thread: How to Install Unsigned Apps on Nokia S60 V3 and V5 Phone

How to Install Unsigned Apps on Nokia S60 V3 and V5 Phone

I am having an Nokia S60 V3 phone. It has Symbian OS 9. There is a similar phone with my friend also. He downloaded some games and application. I copied them in the memory card and when I run the setup, it is popping up an certificate error. I tried again but the same issue. Those applications were nice and I want to use them on my phone. But what about this errors. On bit searching net I found that this an issue of Unsigned Apps. What are this and how to fix the same. And if this does not works at all then where can I find signed apps for Nokia phones.

Re: How to Install Unsigned Apps on Nokia S60 V3 and V5 Phone

It is possible to install unsigned apps in Nokia S60 V3. There is small modification that you have to do with the phone and it will surely work without issue. It is an certificate error where you phone disallow those apps which does have a valid certificate or which is outdated. For that you will need get your certification which will be generated via your IMEI number. Below is a full steps for the same :

Requirements
    • Certification Generation via your IMEI number. Works with some older firmware support also.
    • HelloOX and Hellocarbid. This tools are used to fix the certificate issue.

Setup
    • First get an security certification for your phone. It is an Symbian Certificate. There is an online applications that works on this. It is use for online software signing. Just search OPDA on Google. You will get a link of a website who provides support for the same. It takes sometime to get the certificate. It can also cost you a entire day for that.
    • You will need to register yourself here.
    • Just open the site and click on New Account. Register your information .
    • Then login and click on My Certificate.
    • And then when on the screen click on Apply Cer.
    • Here you will need to add up some information which are needed for the Certificate. Click on Submit Application.
    • You will receive a message as Report your works was successful.
    • Then look below and click on Apply. Go and login back again after some hours and then click on My Certificate. You can see a file that which is a .cer file and you will have to download the same.
    • Now you got the certificate file and you have to put this in your phone. For that you will need an Sign Application like SignSIS-GUI.
    • Keep files somewhere where you get easy access. Run the application and use this to configure your phone. In that you can press the 1 button to locate the location of that .cer file. By 1 you can locate the path of .key file. And then the 3rd button lets you to locate the application location and 4 for final configuration.
    • You will see a small popup on your windows as successfully signed. Now copy the application in your phone and install the same.

Those steps are quiet long but does that all really works. I means wouldn't that cause any issue in the phone. This already looks like a small hack for the phones security certificate. But the same is worth trying. Does there is a kind for similar information available for other Nokia models also. I was looking for a similar information on an Nokia Smartphone. I found some tools that can fix, but they are had already warned that this can cause some major error in the phone.

Some phones in that needs a kind of firmware update. Or else things in that does not work. I had found that on older phones a proper firmware update is needed. That is because the applications wouldn't identify the phone hardware. So because of that you get those update issue and error on your screen. Try getting a newer firmware update first and then only you can try to work on other things to modify the phone software.