Thread: Need suggestion to upgrade hard drive of Toshiba Satellite A505-600

Need suggestion to upgrade hard drive of Toshiba Satellite A505-600

I want to provide an upgrade suggestion for Toshiba Satellite A505-600. It is an old laptop and there is a need for an upgradation. Now I am not totally aware about the specification and also want to know which hard drive support on that. The current drive is actively very slow and my client needs a upgrade for that. Now I am stuck with an choice for the upgrade. It is a laptop and if possible try to show me more upgrading options that I can go for. It is an tough choice to determine an upgrade for laptop. Thanks.

Re: Need suggestion to upgrade hard drive of Toshiba Satellite A505-600

The laptop has largely different in comparison to the traditional PC in terms of upgrade and purchase. I was having a similar laptop which was working slow also. The hard drive it came with has a speed of 5400 rpm. So it is better to go for an upgrade for that. For this their is a bit costlier solution. You can go for an SSD. You might need to pay more than $150 for an 80GB hard drive. So that is an quiet costly choice. For a some cheaper choice you can go and call the custom service support for more information on the same.

This laptop already comes with an 500GB hard drive. The storage space is enough. All you need is better speed in data transfer rate. So there is an choice to go for SSD. SSD gives you a faster transfer rate but they are much costly and their is less storage space available for that. It is still under development. I will recommend you look for the traditional hard drive as solution only where you can add up more speed in that. One of the SSD is Intel X25-M SATA II 2.5-inch 80GB Solid State Drive. It provides around 7200RPM speed rate which is better.

It is right to conclude that SSDs are more effective. It is better in performance, efficiency and performance per and usually works well and has long life also. Some SSDs have been designed in an optical performance only and therefore keep their promises regardless of consumption. There are ample of ssds provided online which you can read and go in detail about the same. Do not forget to go with the specification first or else if you try to fit the same it will not be detected.

In my choice it is not better to go for a SSD if you already have a 500GB of storage space. You can buy a external storage hard drive. SSDs are best suitable for that. I had got a 1TB external storage drive which works like charm for my data backup. I am trying to emphasis more on the regular hard drive. It is not necessary that all of them spoils quiet a fast. SSD are costlier and have less storage space but has long life and better life. I will advice you wait for the same for sometime.

There is an option in the laptop which can help you to sort out your issue. If you check properly then you can see that this laptop is equipped with eSATA USB Combo Port. This combo port lets you to transfer data to an higher rate. But the only condition is that you need to have an external hard drive support for that. This combo port is an ideal suitable solution for working with external SSD drivers. It is best recommended for better backups and storage solutions.