Thread: Empty Slot at bottom of Satelite 1805-S207

Empty Slot at bottom of Satelite 1805-S207

I just a laptop which I want to buy for second hand. For checking the same I was having a look on the same. Below side of the laptop the DVD Rom is located. I had opened the bottom cover and found that there is an empty slot below. It is small rectangle shape slot. I am not able to figure out what is this for actually. The laptop is fine and I need more specification of the same. The thing that is annoying me much is that what does that empty slot has. Does some part from that is being removed or replaced. I am not sure about the same. Where can I get information on that. A specification information on that can define the same.

Re: Empty Slot at boom of Satelite 1805-S207

There are much possibilities of ram slot. There are around 256 mb of expandable ram support on the laptop. You can add upto 512mb per slot. It is just an extra expansion slot on which you can upgrade your ram. You might need to look for the schematic diagram of the laptop. That can only actually define what that empty slot has to do with the laptop. There is nothing much to worry on the same. It is just an expansion slot.

I had got this laptop for more than a year and I had found this is really worth buying. The laptop is best suitable for basic office work and you can use it without any much issue. The power and other things are fine. I will not say this is an very high end system but suitable for basic office work and maling. You get a DVDRW support with that and most of the parts of this laptop are replaceable. The processing of the same is a bit low.

It is fine if you are getting this on a relatively low price. You cannot upgrade this as it will cost you much. It is an notebook worth for travelers and who works mostly for mails and internet. For other stuff like gaming and multimedia you need a higher support and hardware on the same. I found some users complaining on this laptop that this crashes on movies. That can be due to the processing strength of the laptop. I will recommend you to have a look on much newer models.

The most first doubt that comes in the minds of user is the ram question. There are lots of ram doubts for this laptop. There is also a internal modem port provided for such laptops. This laptop runs on PC-133 type memory. The laptop has low support for new hardware and ram configuration. You can only use upto 512mb of ram on the same. And that too a most compatible type of ram on the same. Normally the laptop comes with a 256mb of ram by default and you know that for today's work 256mb is relatively a low ram support.

It can be a memory bank. I am not sure but you can download the manual of this laptop from internet and use the same. There are two sockets provided for the ram and one is already filled. For an upgrade you can add one more stick of 256mb of ram. Second thing it has been noticed that sometime to get an optimal performance out of new ram upgrade you must update your bios version. Also before upgrading do not forget to upgrade your ram setup.