Thread: iPad not getting recognized by PC

iPad not getting recognized by PC

Guys I am having some problem. Whenever I try to connect my iPhone 4 with the system then it recognizes it and as a camera. While the same thing does not happens with my iPad whenever I try to connect the iPad to my pc then it does not recognizes it at all. Now why is that so? Or is there any method by which I would be able to recognize the iPad in my system. Please suggest me something here so that I can get an exact view of what to be done in such situation.

Re: iPad not getting recognized by PC

See if you have got some photos or videos that were recorded in your iPad then only it will get recognized as a camera in the system otherwise it will not. If you are thinking that if you have some of the synced photos in it and the system will be able to recognize it as a camera then it will not recognize it. So I hope I have given you enough information on the problem that you are facing. Do think on it and your confusion will get solved.

I hope you are using the windows 7 or windows vista as the operating system in your pc. See they both are having the default behavior for representing iPhone or iPad as the digital imaging device. If you are having windows xp as the operating system then the situation is different. Now to check if your device is getting labeled or not. First go to the Control Panel, in that choose Hardware and Sound and there you will be getting to see the labeled Devices. So check if your device is present there or not. If it is there then again check if take no action options is disabled. Then only you will be able to get the device listed in the system. So I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here.

I suppose you have added the device in the system. It would be great if we get some information on which operating system are you using. Now, in order to add the device first go to the Control Panel, then Devices and Printers, now with the iPad connected, click on "Add a Device". Your device will get added there. So it is very necessary to clear out the basic steps so that there is no problem further. I hope you have understood what I am trying to say.

You are a genius, yes you correctly pointed out that I was not having pictures in the iPad and hence it gave me such problem. Now after taking some pictures from the iPad now I am successfully able to sync my device with the system and yes I am having the windows 7 operating system. So thanks a lot everyone for giving me the correct solution for my problem. It really did help me a lot in such situation and I am grateful that it has given me such positive results.

hello
    we are having a similar issue, we have windows xp. itunes recognises the ipad and we can use it fine but it is not recognised as a portable device in 'my computer'.
    we have check in hardware where it is not recognised, we then tried to add device but still no luck!!

help!!!

Hi glendale55,

Have you tried to restore ipad? Try the below steps for restore it:
    1. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
    2. Turn off iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for iPad to turn off.
    3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to iPad. When you reconnect the USB cable, iPad should power on.
    4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
    5. If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the following "recovery mode" alert:
    6. Use iTunes to restore iPad.