Thread: Battery life reduced after updating to iOS 4.3.1 in Apple iPad

Battery life reduced after updating to iOS 4.3.1 in Apple iPad

The question says it all. I am experiencing a terrible battery performance after upgrading to iOS 4.3.1. I just want to know is there anyone who is facing this same kind of issue. I have tried all the methods like quitting of all the applications and also the other services that suck up my battery but still that also has not helped me. It is very frustrating to see your iPads battery getting reduced and you just have to wait an d see what should we do next. So any suggestions on what method will help me here then please do share it here.

Re: Battery life reduced after updating to iOS 4.3.1 in Apple iPad

Well one suggestion that I would like to give it you is that go to the restrictions and turn off the ping. I know you might have turned off many applications but definitely do have a look if you have turned the ping off or not. If you haven’t then do it as early as possible. I have come across many forums where people have actually suggested this method to all of them and that has helped. So let see whether it works or not in your case. Do get back to me if that suggestion has worked.

That’s a very sad part that your battery is continuously draining in spite of you switching off all the applications. So what does this say is that there is some problem internally and not with the battery of your iPad. So the only possible thing that you can try out is to wait till the next update is released. May be a 4.3.2 update will solve the issue. Yes it’s a problem caused due to the update, just wait for the next update this is what I can suggest you at this moment.

You must report your iPad to the nearest apple center and ask them to get this problem solved as early as possible. See this is not your fault it is a issue caused by updating and hence I think that matter can be solved by them only it is better to leave on them. As the above user said the next update will definitely solve the issue but you cannot wait till that time. So do act fast and make your iPad repaired as soon as possible.

Yes you are correct I had a check about the battery and it did display that the battery of the iPad is good. so I am thinking of showing the iPad to the nearest apple center I cannot wait till the next update will solve my issue. So I will ask them to get them repaired as soon as possible because in this present situation the iPad is almost unusable. If I am using the iPad while charging then only it survives otherwise it gets dead within an hour.

Hey even I am one of the iPad user who has just updated to iOS version 4.3.1. I have never faced such issue of battery draining. My battery is performing really very well just the same way it used to perform well before. So I don’t think so the update has caused this battery drainage, just wanted to share my experience with you all hence I have written here. So that’s what I have to say here. so hope you all like it.