Thread: How to transfer SMS from my iphone 3g to iphone 4

How to transfer SMS from my iphone 3g to iphone 4

I will be purchasing the iPhone 4 soon Currently I have been using the iPhone 3G now as I get my question how can i transfer the old data including to the SMS, Contacts etc from iPhone 3G to iPhone 4. How is this possible please help me out in this matter i want to get my iPhone 4 jailbroken two is it possible to get a factory jailbroken iPhone 4.

Re: How to transfer SMS from my iphone 3g to iphone 4

Well for this you need to back up all your data that is present on your apple iPhone 3G. Copy this backup to your desktop then simply disconnect the iPhone 3G and connect the iPhone 4 and restore the backup on your iPhone 4 with the help of the iTunes application this will definitely help you in this matter. If you need help further then do not hesitate to post back.

Thanks a lot for your quick response so I would actually attend to restore after backing up all my contacts and sms from my iPhone. Can you explain exactly how and where I must then go up in iTunes when I connected the iPhone 4. so that i can restore my data backup. Now I know the firmware but I still not hope whether I can Jailbreak it or otherwise the phone would be boring. Please advice.

I backed up all my files with diskaid SMS, contacts, notes, mail and calendar from my old iphone (my computer crashed I lost the backup which i had on itunes). I've copied the data into my new iphone but I have concerns: My mail coming in but I do not see them. and can not receive sms or delete them. can someone help me

Follow the steps which are mentioned below in order to get this problem resolved.

Step 1:
    • Connect your iPhone to your PC and use DiskAid v3 (Very simple) or CyberDuck via SSH to access the root of your iPhone.

Step 2:
    • Navigate to the directory: / Private / var / mobile / Library / SMS
    • Then copy the file "sms.db" and paste it into a folder on your computer. Example, on the desktop in a folder specific to SMS well as "Save / SMS"
    • Then navigate to the directory:
    • / Private / var / mobile / Library / AddressBook
    • And copy the file contenuti in a folder on your PC vic. Example, on the desktop in a folder-specific contacts as well Save / Contacts "

Step 3 :
    • Restoring files is as easy as running the reverse process. Ie put the files you just copied into the iPhone the same locations
    • SMS: / private / var / mobile / Library / SMS
    • Contacts: / private / var / mobile / Library / AddressBook

loveq Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    I backed up all my files with backup tool to transfer SMS, contacts, notes, mail and calendar from my old iphone (my computer crashed I lost the backup which i had on itunes). I've copied the data into my new iphone but I have concerns: My mail coming in but I do not see them. and can not receive sms or delete them. can someone help me
    I have saw a useful articlename "Iphone users must backup iphone SMS message&contact to computer".I this author say is right.the contacts and SMS have more values than a cell phone’s own value. You can pay money to buy a new iPhone, but can not buy your lost contacts and SMS back. So it’s important for you to backup your contacts and SMS from iPhone to computer, and protecting the contacts and SMS messages with a password to keep your privacy.