Thread: 16GB memory for Asus G73 Notebook

16GB memory for Asus G73 Notebook

I have bought an Asus G73 notebook for my multimedia purposes. This laptop came with 8GB or RAM. Now I am thinking about upgrading the memory of it. Can this notebook hold 16GB of memory? If it was possible then it would be very helpful for me in order to extend my Notebook power for better performance and efficiency. I do not want to overclock the memory. Are there any faster i7 processors than the Intel i7-720? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 16GB memory for Asus G73 Notebook

I don’t think that this notebook can hold more than 8GB because the motherboard cannot handle it more. Even the customized Asus G73 notebook also comes with 8GB only. However if you really want to put in 16GB then you might need to change the BIOS as well other components also I think. Other than this there is no way. As for the processor concern there are several advanced and faster processor above the i7- 720. You just need to look into the Intel website for more information about this. I hope that you are talking about sandy bridge processors.

I very sorry to say that I don’t have any idea about the memory capacity in Asus G73 notebook. There are no post or topics on the internet regarding the memory aspects of this laptop. So it seems to me that it is previously maxed out (i.e. 8GB). You cannot do more than that. In consider to the processor, there is the Intel i7-820, however actually there isn't much dissimilarity among it and the i7-720. If you wish for an i7-820, your finest bet is to come across a laptop that comes with one.

As far as I know that this laptop is specially for gaming. 4 GB ram sticks are extremely luxurious. More than 8 GB is not wanted for superior gaming. Exceptionally a small number of games will utilize above 4 GB RAM. 8 GB is fine in support of multitasking. I disbelief that 16 GB would be useful by any means. There are several faintly quicker processors listed, except I don't believe they are worth it. The graphics will be the restrictive issue, and the i7-720 ought to be fast as much as necessary to drive it toward its max. Only if your game is extremely CPU exhaustive similar to FSX(and incredibly only some others) would a faster processor help.

I own a laptop mainly or gaming as well as digital art as a result went with 12GB on my build. Furthermore chose for the Intel i7-920XM Extreme for future games. This seems to me far enough for my gaming platform. There are no games which uses more than 12GB at this time. I near future I don’t think that there will be any game which uses much amount of memory. Now the game developers are looking for high end games which are capable to work in low resource platform. So the future games may not require cutting edge hardware specifications.

I think that the Asus G73 is a 3D based notebook and it was designed particularly for gaming. The 16 GB memory is not necessary for a notebook. If you are using the desktop PC or workstation then the 16 GB would be useful. If you are a developer, graphic designer, game developer, editor or other high end techie then you might need a 16GB memory along with high end processor. The laptop is normally used for several low level processors not for bulky operation. If you really want a Asus G73 with 16Gb then search on Ebay. You may get there a customized one.

I would also recommend 2 x 8GB modules in preference to 16GB ones, because then you have the option to add up to 2 more 8GB in the future. If you buy 8GB memory modules now, your system will be limited to a maximum of 16GB RAM for the future, unless you ditch all of them for larger capacity (currently 8GB) ones. At least, if you buy 8GB modules now, you will be better equipped for future expansion. There are very few manufacturers producing 8GB SODIMMs at this point, but I will recommend you to go for Strontium PWN Memory because they sell these memory modules at very low prices as compare to other brands.