Thread: How to get original Bios password of Toshiba L645 laptop

How to get original Bios password of Toshiba L645 laptop

Recently I have bought a Toshiba L645 satellite laptop for my personal usage. After buying this laptop I have recognized that this has a Bios lock. I hope that you all have familiar with the Bios lock or Bios password. Now I would like to customize my laptop hardware specification into my own but I cannot do this because there is a BIOS password for all hardware peripherals in the laptop. Does anybody know how can I get that password? I really want to get that original BIOS password.

Re: How to get original Bios password of Toshiba L645 laptop

There are number of Toshiba bios password removal procedure is meant for utilize on Toshiba laptops that you have or have had authorization from the legal owner to get rid of the password. If whichever of these processes are made wrongly it may consequence in total system breakdown or everlasting system damage. Some laptops come with their own utility to get the BIOS password but some laptop doesn’t provide this feature. For this you either needs to depend on the third party software for getting password otherwise look for a sample codes in order to create your own program to get BIOS password.

The most excellent technique is to reset a BIOS password other than searching for password. It depends on what BIOS the PC or laptop has. General BIOS's consist of AMI, Award, IBM as well as Phoenix. Various additional BIOS's do be present, except these are the most frequent. Several BIOS's permit you to need a password be put in prior to the system will boot. Several BIOS's permit you to necessitate a password to be put in prior to the BIOS system might be accessed. The common classes of resolutions to reset BIOS password are:
    • Making use of a Backdoor BIOS Password
    • Resetting BIOS Password by the use of Software
    • Resetting BIOS Password by the use of Hardware
    • Seller particular Solutions intended for resetting BIOS Password

Each system has to stock up the BIOS password data someplace. If you are gifted to way in the laptop following it has been booted effectively, you might be capable to outlook the BIOS password. You have to recognize the memory address where the BIOS password is saved, and the format within which the BIOS password is saved. Otherwise, you should have an application or software that discerns these stuffs. You can write your individual program to interpret the BIOS password from CMOS memory on a laptop via writing the address of CMOS memory.

If you cannot right to use the laptop following if has been powered up, it is at rest probable to dig up past the BIOS password. The BIOS password is saved inside CMOS memory that is upheld whereas the laptop is powered off via a tiny battery, which is attached to the mainboard. If you get rid of this battery, each and every one of CMOS information (counting the BIOS password) will be vanished. You will have to to re-enter the proper CMOS setup information to make use of the laptop. The laptops holder otherwise user will most probable be alarmed while it is exposed that the BIOS password has been erased.

You can reset password inside Reset password lying on Toshiba Satellite L645-S4026RD Laptop by 2 methods. One by sorting the pins of CMOS through its jumper plus secondly by way of the assist of software called Bios password recovery. It is furthermore probable to obtain master code from the producer, which will reset each and every one of passwords in the laptop. If you are deciding to reset password through by shorting pins of CMOS jumper in that case you should carry out it cautiously and it is essential to have absolute information for making this.

rotemanq Guest

ThumbsUp Re: How to get original Bios password of Toshiba L645 laptop

Heres a quick and dirty way to reset the password on the Toshiba Satellite A205 BIOS.

Warning! You can only use these tips on your own Toshiba computer if you forgot password, but not other person’s computer!

DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE THE OWNER OR YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED TO. Warn any clients that something could go wrong with this procedure. THIS IS A RISK!

(You do this at your own risk. You do this at your own liability. I will not be held responsible if something goes wrong.)

Now that I’ve said that, I will add that this method did work for me on an A205-S5814 and has been reported to work on (A205-S4707, A205-S4639, A215-S7425, A215-S7425, and a A205-s5804)

1. Power the laptop off, remove the battery and power cable.
    2. On the bottom of the laptop, locate the memory bay, and remove the cover plate.
    3. Peel back the black sticker on the motherboard (set that aside, and remember to return it when you’re finished)
    4. Locate two solder joints labeled XXX in one of the corners. (we’ll return to those in a minute)

5. Set the laptop on its side, so the screen is open to prop it up, and the power jack is facing up.
    6. Insert one of your ram modules.
    7. Plug in the laptop and turn it on.
    8. If it turns on and prompts for a password then continue, if it does not, then power it off, and move the ram module to the other slot and try again.
    9. Turn the laptop off.
    10. Hold a small flathead screwdriver onto those two soldier joints, shorting them.
    11. Turn the laptop on while you’re shorting those two soldier joints.
    12. It should boot. You can remove the screwdriver, power the laptop off, replace the other ram module (don’t forget that sticker), cover plate, and battery. Turn on the laptop, it should boot up!

TLDR: Short solder joints labeled XXX under memory bay to clear password.